• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

spazzz

It is the PA that takes precedence, so it doesn't matter what the 1420 says, the PA overrides that, so a person can apply based on the 1420 then get pro X'd at NRC, the PM has no discretion on the PA, unless the PA stipulates a waiver option.

I know several AD that have been screwed by the 1420
http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/Program-Authorizations.htm

The link above takes you to the PA's. I based what I could apply for on 1420 but when I looked at the PA's I noticed I was actually eligible for a few more programs than I first thought.

My OR said he expects results at the latest on Monday.

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
To keep from going crazy, I started reading "American Sniper" aka "Jesse Ventura is a Tool" and watching "The Killing" on Netflix.

How is that book? I read about Chris Kyle (the American Sniper guy) in this book I just finished reading called "No Easy Day," about one of the SEAL Team 6 guys who was involved in the USL raid, Mark Owen (i.e., Matt Bissonnette).

PensacolaBayou

Has anyone read Shattered Sword: The Untold Story of the Battle of Midway by Parshall and Tully? It looks at the IJN's mistakes and intelligence blunders before and during the battle. It has been great so far.

exNavyOffRec

http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/Program-Authorizations.htm

The link above takes you to the PA's. I based what I could apply for on 1420 but when I looked at the PA's I noticed I was actually eligible for a few more programs than I first thought.

My OR said he expects results at the latest on Monday.

Some of those have current stipulations that they only take those on AD, that wouldn't be in the PA, RUFIO181 could give better insight on those.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
It is the PA that takes precedence, so it doesn't matter what the 1420 says, the PA overrides that, so a person can apply based on the 1420 then get pro X'd at NRC, the PM has no discretion on the PA, unless the PA stipulates a waiver option.

I know several AD that have been screwed by the 1420
I have been trumped by the PM on more than one occasion for myself and other applicants. What is your recourse if the PM will not accept an application that otherwise meets the PA requirements?

exNavyOffRec

I have been trumped by the PM on more than one occasion for myself and other applicants. What is your recourse if the PM will not accept an application that otherwise meets the PA requirements?

If it meets the PA they are supposed to push it through, they are only their to filter out those that don't meet the PA and were missed by others, I do know sometimes they get guidance before we do so that could have happened? I had that happen with a person I was looking up who was active duty and the age limit changed (supply) so the person no longer met the requirement.

acrjr718

Has anyone read Shattered Sword: The Untold Story of the Battle of Midway by Parshall and Tully? It looks at the IJN's mistakes and intelligence blunders before and during the battle. It has been great so far.

(Former) Vice Admiral Stockdale's Courage under Fire is at the top of my reading list-- I'm a big fan of Stoicism so I can't wait to dive into it.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
If it meets the PA they are supposed to push it through, they are only their to filter out those that don't meet the PA and were missed by others, I do know sometimes they get guidance before we do so that could have happened? I had that happen with a person I was looking up who was active duty and the age limit changed (supply) so the person no longer met the requirement.

Supply Corps age waivers past 31 go to the Officer Community Manager on a case by case basis. I haven't had to deal with that situation at all, but looking at the most recently Supply Corps Board results at the very end it said all waivers for PROREC Y have been approved.