• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

Marko88m5

Wow, so I am smart enough but too old. I would not have the knowledge or experience I have if I were younger so it's is a catch 22. Thanks for the response though.
Its a weird logic. Sort of similar to the way they downsize the enlisted ranks... they get rid of the older/higher ranked/more experienced ones but still add new young people. Then again, the board don't always select the "best," sometimes it just gets down to emotions and diversity goals. My 2 cents.

spazzz

Its a weird logic. Sort of similar to the way they downsize the enlisted ranks... they get rid of the older/higher ranked/more experienced ones but still add new young people. Then again, the board don't always select the "best," sometimes it just gets down to emotions and diversity goals. My 2 cents.
It's all good. Disappointing but good. I wish they would just lower the age limit so individuals like myself don't get a false sense of hope.

ajsquaredaway

None
Keep your heads up for those that are interested in reapplying - took me three times before I got in. Also, consider what is more important, being a naval officer or being in the IDC. Other designators have a much high acceptance rate (from most recent boards: Pilot 64%, NFO 61%, SWO 97%, CEC 36%).

Breakdown of total #'s from IDC OCS Sept board: 38 Pr0Y of 400 considered = 9.5% acceptance rate

usmctonavy

Keep your heads up for those that are interested in reapplying - took me three times before I got in. Also, consider what is more important, being a naval officer or being in the IDC. Other designators have a much high acceptance rate (from most recent boards: Pilot 64%, NFO 61%, SWO 97%, CEC 36%).

Breakdown of total #'s from IDC OCS Sept board: 38 Pr0Y of 400 considered = 9.5% acceptance rate
I would have gone to any field, except I have aged out of all but IDC...and I'm only 35!