• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Boards

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
What is the deadline for this application? And does the deadline mean into the recruiter or whoever by? Or sent to the actual place.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
What is the deadline for this application? And does the deadline mean into the recruiter or whoever by? Or sent to the actual place.

Just get it into your recruiter by August 15th. This will allow enough time for OR screw ups, processor screw ups, Milington screw ups, ad nauseum.

Someone's a bit bitter.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I am just annoyed.. I mean it took a week just for someone to email me the application. I'm annoyed at how everyone is just laid back with their job.. The whole reason a recruiter's job exists is to process new applicants.. And most of Headquarters wraps around the idea of getting new applicants processed into the Navy.. And when I was there and witnessed many people shooting the shit around their cubical, I now understand why it took a week to do something that should of taken 5 min.

aukonak

I am just annoyed.. I mean it took a week just for someone to email me the application. I'm annoyed at how everyone is just laid back with their job.. The whole reason a recruiter's job exists is to process new applicants.. And most of Headquarters wraps around the idea of getting new applicants processed into the Navy.. And when I was there and witnessed many people shooting the shit around their cubical, I now understand why it took a week to do something that should of taken 5 min.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease my friend. Some OR's are more responsive than others, but it ultimately comes down to you being responsible for yourself by doing everything you can to move things along. I've been where you are and have been totally stunned at times. Just gotta take it for what it is and move on.

If there are larger issues though, and that you are being ignored even with constant communication attempts, you might want to try talking to someone here or finding a different OR. (Just my 2cents, others here are more experienced/knowledgeable)

tpietsch

...so pick up a case of your favorite summer ale and catch some rays.

Nothing better than an ice cold, Alaska Summer Ale by the lake. It's a Kölsch-style ale that really takes me back to Germany.

Only breweries that can view the Kölner Dom (Cologne Cathedral, the largest two-tower cathedral in the world) can call their beer Kölsch. Incidentally there are roughly 38 Kölsch breweries in Cologne.

If anyone wants to talk beer... especially Bier... I'm always game.

So, I agree. Let's sit back, crack a beer and let the fates decide.

fjd24

Flight time is good time...
pilot
Dales Pale Ale. "America's best canned beer." A pale ale served in a can; nothing beats it!

fjd24

Flight time is good time...
pilot
Oh and I guess i'll throw up my stats... Didn't want to share but what the hell, I wana talk beer.

SNA/NFO
M/23 Non-prior

ASTB: 57 6/7/6

Suffolk University (Just graduated this past May)
Major: Finance
Double Minor: Information Technology and Management

Extracurricular Activities:
Worked full-time through 4 years of undergrad (two jobs)
Internship at the Massachusetts State House (legislative aid)
Volunteer at the New England Shelter for Homeless Veterans
Volunteer in local hospital (Alzheimer’s unit)
High school class president (2 years)
Played hockey all my life (high school and 1 year of college)

LOR’s:
Navy 06 SWO (commanding officer)
Navy 06 Pilot (former tomcat pilot)
Army 05 Pilot (aviator/instructor pilot)
Navy 03 Intel (Mass. State Rep.)
Massachusetts State Representative (interned for)

Interviews:
Navy 06 Nuke
Navy 05 Pilot/instructor pilot
Navy 04 Pilot (Jet Blue pilot)
(All 10’s, great write-ups and all USNA grads)

References:
Finance Professor
IT Professor
Current Employer
Current Employer

MEPS done!

Goodluck everyone!

UffDa

Chimay has some nice brews. Or I could always enjoy a pint of Guinness. I think I may have to enjoy a few to pass some time before the September board results are out :)

M/28/Prior FLARNG 5 yrs

Supply/SWO/Intel

ASTB 6/6/7 - 53

University of West Florida
Graduate: Master of Business Administration (3.59GPA)
Undergraduate: Business Management & Minor in Finance (3.57GPA)

LOR's: O-6 USN, O-4 USMC, O-3 USN, E-9 USN, College Professor

Clubs/Activities
Interim President/Treasurer of Delta Eta Alumni Association
Ambassador for Gulf Breeze Chamber of Commerce
Executive Board SGA at UWF
President of IntraFraternity Council at UWF
Executive Board of Order of Omega Greek Honor Society, UWF

Honors/Awards
Rising Star Award - Top 40 under 40 in Escambia, FL
Kenneth L. Curtis Top Leadership Award for Loyalty & Service to UWF
Top All Greek Male at UWF
Who's Who Amongst College Students
Graduated Cum Laude Undergrad/Grad

Sports
IM Flag Football, Soccer, Basketball Co-Captain
HS Soccer Captain, Indoor Soccer Captain

PRT: G/L JUN 10
MEPS: Qualified/Waiver Approved JUN 10

Good luck to everyone next month!

A

AlexSmart

I've been hammering the Hoegaarden and Pacifico pretty steadily... good "board-anticipation-anxiety-reliever"

hbayle

Applying to Septmeber boards.

F/25/Non-prior
Supply/Intel/SWO
ASTB OAR 55

University of California, San Diego
BA in Econommics
GPA 3.04

LORs: 5 all from previous employers
Interviews: 1 from a Supply Corps CDR, and 2 from CDR friends of my dad's all in Navy

Activites: 2 years of high school flag and drill team, with President office held

Honors: High School Diploma with Academic Distinction
Provost Honors

PRT: G/M
MEPS: Qualified

Motivational statement explains that my low GPA was due to working part-time while taking care of my young daughter while husband worked full-time+ (he's a manager of a Toys R Us so lots of evening and extra shifts). No criminal record or traffic tickets, and clean health history.

My OR said my math and science grades and GPA will hurt me and I will most likely not get a select. I am wondering if that's really true, but I hear that the board looks at the whole package and not just the grades and GPA. So fingers crossed. But I must say that I am disheartened by his words.

nikesoccr4

my recruiter told me to only do o-4 or higher interviews just because it looks better to the board luckily he had a guy i could talk to and i have a friend who knew two pilots i interviewed with. if you talk to your recruiter he could probably help you out with a couple of officer interviews.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
My OR said my math and science grades and GPA will hurt me and I will most likely not get a select. I am wondering if that's really true, but I hear that the board looks at the whole package and not just the grades and GPA. So fingers crossed. But I must say that I am disheartened by his words.

Unless you're going for some engineering job or a job that requires these skills, I don't see why it would matter. Your degree is in the Arts anyway.. So obviously math and science was not your strong point. The board will know this and take in consideration the rest of your package.. Looking for a strong leader. I mean granted you didn't get a bunch of D's and F's.. Your OAR obviously shows you're not a dummy with math.. because if you totally bombed the math you prob would have a lower score.. Unless you're just a good guesser :)

agoody117

Looking to be on this September board as well. Nervous and excited at the same time you all know that feeling.

Most of my package is complete - have taken the ASTB, signed the necessary paperwork, completed the new app just need to finish the NASIS (if that is willing to work when I have free time to go to the library for IE..ugh)

Here are my stats:

23/m/non-prior
Intel/SWO/Supply
B.A. Political Science / Minor in Classical Humanities
Miami University (Ohio): 3.74/4.00 - Cum Laude and dean's list every semester but one and another academic award within my major.
OAR: 59-7/7/6
3 LORs - Former Boss, Family Friend (Retired AF O-5), and a former professor (dept head)
Motivational Statement: wrote about my desire to be part of a team and how my current job is unsatisfying. Tied in leadership experiences in the past and how I have always been part of a group in the past and now one year removed from college I am lacking that team.
Extracurriculars:
High School Sports every season all 4 years (Soccer, Lacrosse, Indoor Track) - captain of a few of the JV teams.
VP of Membership in my fraternity as well as scholarship chair and greek week chair.
Have held a job since I was 17.

The recruiter said no need for an interview unless you get turned down from the first application but she said I have a strong application.

Negatives: was arrested for Underage Intox my 3 years ago - charge was dismissed.

I think I have a strong package .. lets just hope the board does too!

E

ebolamonkey

I guess I am in on the September boards as well.

Finished with most of the package except the Motivational Statement and waiting for one more LOR.

M/24/Non-Prior
Supply
B.S. Industrial and Systems Engineering
Gatech: uhoh/4.0

M.S. Material Science and Engineering
University of Tennessee: 3.2/4.0

OAR: 59 form 4 (63 on form 3 1st take, it's complicated)

4 LORs - ex.Director of UTSI, ex.Director of UTSI and Department Head of Aviation Systems, Active Army Flight Test Pilot, Retired Army Doctor (Vietnam).
Motivational Statement: Wrote about the uhoh/4.0, current and past accomplishments, and the skills I offer.

Extras:
President of Automotive Club

No mention of interview.

Negatives: just the uhoh/4.0, braces won't come off until December this year so I can't ship out before then.

Recruiter said my chances are very good for September/next fiscal year.