• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Board cancelled?

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Been some talks over on NAVYOCS that this September board has been cancelled for SNA and some others.. 2 people have confirmed and another swam against the current and said his OR said the board is still on.

Anyone else have any information on this?

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Been some talks over on NAVYOCS that this September board has been cancelled for SNA and some others.. 2 people have confirmed and another swam against the current and said his OR said the board is still on.

Anyone else have any information on this?

Does this provide any insight?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AnmGiPyFZxI/TFmr2kfYXWI/AAAAAAAAA1g/i2MKO6WxktQ/s1600/IMG_0005.jpg

Now the question you have to find out is whether or not FY'10 is booked... If so, then you will be looking at the above and going off this schedule... If not, then the only remaining board possible is September. Happy hunting...

agoody117

my OR nor the person processing the paperwork has told me anything about a canceled board. In fact the person processing my paperwork is furiously working to get things for a number of applicants before the aug25th deadline.

AW and NavyOCS have been great at finding some good information I otherwise would not have known, but sometimes these rumors spread so quick between both sites that I think there is a lot of misleading information out there.

get your stuff in quickly and just wait. Once its out of your hands it is just that and there is little you can do to control the process.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Not really.. It just tells me what I already know and says nothing about a cancelled board..

I shouldn't have done that... I was just messing with you... Basically submit and stand by... If you submit your package you will be seen (unless something is wrong) and that has 100% certainty behind it. Why worry about when you will be seen? If you are concerned with not making September ensure your package is put together as fast as you can to make the board. If you’re not seen you know that next month there is a board and you will be seen for that one. If it is canx then it is canx and there is nothing you can do about it. Worry about the things you can control and not so much about the things you can't. Good Luck.

aukonak

Ugh. Isn't this the same way the reports of July boards being cancelled started? My OR repeatedly stated that they were still on 'til the very end, when word was finally passed down to him.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I shouldn't have done that... I was just messing with you... Basically submit and stand by... If you submit your package you will be seen (unless something is wrong) and that has 100% certainty behind it. Why worry about when you will be seen? If you are concerned with not making September ensure your package is put together as fast as you can to make the board. If you’re not seen you know that next month there is a board and you will be seen for that one. If it is canx then it is canx and there is nothing you can do about it. Worry about the things you can control and not so much about the things you can't. Good Luck.

Well in my defense I had just graduated college and was collecting the MGI BILL, So I saved up enough money to take the summer off and just enjoy life.. If it wasn't canceled I was gonna see if I got selected. If I had gotten selected I was just gonna apply to a random job for some income.. If I didn't well I was gonna start looking for a career job.. or possibly grad school.. I know it's only a difference of a month but you know it would be nice to know and it kinda messes up my game plan.. But oh well..

on a positive note, I will be going on an aerobatic ride tomorrow... In a plane like this :) Should take my mind off things.. Anyone in the Chicago land area let me know if interested.. I'll tell you prices and stuff.. It should be awesome.. Well, I guess I'll let you know tomorrow you get a video with it too I guess.

aukonak

I'm trying to minimize speculation here, just hoping for some thoughts...gouge has been that SNA is 75% full for FY11. When does FY11 end and FY12 start? This October?

I'm sure there are more than a few others in my position here- I'm turning 26 next month and I'm trying to plan some contingencies in case I'm not pro-recced/selected in the next board or two. This place has been great at alerting me to things and answering questions that even my OR couldn't answer.

Anyway, personally, if I don't get SNA I'll be looking at my second choice (SWO/IW- which seems to be just as full as SNA), Air Guard, USMC Air (rumors that some spots are opening up for the June 2011 OCC), or USMC Ground.

corbdiggs

FY11 starts this October. FY12 starts the following October.

Exactly. But also realize that they start recruiting for the next fiscal year a little bit ahead of time.

For example, I was picked up in the March 2010 boards for NFO/SWO, but that board was the first one for FY2011, as I will graduate OCS in FY2011. Just something to think about.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Exactly. But also realize that they start recruiting for the next fiscal year a little bit ahead of time.

For example, I was picked up in the March 2010 boards for NFO/SWO, but that board was the first one for FY2011, as I will graduate OCS in FY2011. Just something to think about.

Really now? They recruit ahead of time? Mind-blowing.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
So if in fact this board isn't canceled what are the odds they will hold a board for sure (based off prior years) in October seeing how it's the new fiscal year.. Is it pretty much guaranteed? Cause I know pilot boards back to back.. are not something that is of the usual lately..