• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Sept '15 IDC Board

AFChris

Yeah, that would be nice, I'd rather not be though...don't want to be called a loser. ;)

Oh, and I obviously cannot spell properly as I put "out," derp. I don't need the interweb police on me! Please forgive me great Grammar Gods.

Matthew10

Yeah, that would be nice, I'd rather not be though...don't want to be called a loser. ;)

Oh, and I obviously cannot spell properly as I put "out," derp. I don't need the interweb police on me! Please forgive me great Grammar Gods.

Ha I know all about the interweb police...hopefully they forgive you

happyhourchris

I'm fly... I'm pilot.
pilot
Howdy gents! Seeing as how the board is "hopefully" meeting in a few days, I'm checking in! Good luck to us all!

AFChris

Two days left! Good luck to all of the hopefuls. From what I have read it could be some 10 days or less before we find out, any advice on this?

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
I saw a few threads with mixed results, but the general consensus was this - you can never tell with IDC. Sometimes it is just a few business days, other times it can be 20 business days. Even then, with a PRO-REC Y in hand, getting to OCS has also shown mixed results. Some people get in relatively quickly. However, I know there were 2 unfortunate cases, where one guy had a 9 month wait, and another girl had to wait an entire year. I guess we will all know it when it happens.

In the mean time, keeping distracted, out of trouble, and in shape will help pass time. After all, nobody wants to wait all this time just to fail the PRT at OCS or get booted for some other reason.

Oh yeah, one more note - make sure to stay on top of your recruiter. There have been cases where board results have come back, and a recruiter neglects to notify an applicant (at least in the timely order the applicant wanted). That being said, recruiters are people too, and mistakes do happen.

Ich wunsche jeder viel Gluck.

Matthew10

I saw a few threads with mixed results, but the general consensus was this - you can never tell with IDC. Sometimes it is just a few business days, other times it can be 20 business days. Even then, with a PRO-REC Y in hand, getting to OCS has also shown mixed results. Some people get in relatively quickly. However, I know there were 2 unfortunate cases, where one guy had a 9 month wait, and another girl had to wait an entire year. I guess we will all know it when it happens.

In the mean time, keeping distracted, out of trouble, and in shape will help pass time. After all, nobody wants to wait all this time just to fail the PRT at OCS or get booted for some other reason.

Oh yeah, one more note - make sure to stay on top of your recruiter. There have been cases where board results have come back, and a recruiter neglects to notify an applicant (at least in the timely order the applicant wanted). That being said, recruiters are people too, and mistakes do happen.

Good luck to you guys as well! I hope they meet as planned and we hear something sooner then later. @AFChris how long is your conditional release good for?

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
The board will convene 24 hours from now. Here's to hoping we all get into the PRO-REC Y pile.

exNavyOffRec

Part of the variable in the results is they put out a board date way in advance, and since the board is not at NRC they don't know what the schedule is of the board members, it may or may not start on that date, something I have mentioned before is there was a board member of an external board visiting my NRD, that person was on a board that was supposed to have started right before they arrived, the person said the board was going to take place in a few weeks when travelling was done. The funny thing was post on here had people saying they had contacted NRC and NRC had said the board was in process.

it is rare for a person to go to OCS from IDC in just a few months, the wait is usually much longer, figure an average of 6 months give or take.

exNavyOffRec

Are we expecting results today? Because the board convenes today according the schedule...

Remember they board convene date is a guide when it concerns external boards, that date was set a year ago with no idea what the board members schedule was, if results come back fast it is probably happening, if it takes 4 weeks then it probably didn't.