• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Sept '15 IDC Board

Matthew10

Paperwork is still due by the 26th. You said that your paperwork got submitted, so you should be okay. As long as nobody calls you saying you have a problem, you don't have a problem.

I was lucky that a processor in my district browses AW and was able to help. I really can't thank him enough for his assistance. Also, just for clarity, here is the message I got below (sans personal and SWO details):

"You can apply for Intel for the September board; however, it just can't be your first choice because Intel is closed nationwide as a #1 choice for applicants. That will change for the next board in December because we will be in a new fiscal year, but for now that's the case. If you want to get looked at for Intel and IW, you need to have IW as your top choice and Intel as your #2. If you are dead set on Intel being the top choice, you will need to wait until the December board."

Well from what your saying doesn't look like it really matters since I'm pretty sure it's my number 1 choice and my recruiter prolly failed to get that notice and change it

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
I highly doubt your recruiter and the processors failed to notice - too many experienced eyes. Have faith, take a deep breath, and relax.

Matthew10

I highly doubt your recruiter and the processors failed to notice - too many experienced eyes. Have faith, take a deep breath, and relax.

You would be surprised lol. I feel like I learn more things on here than else where. My main recruiter is on leave as well so it would be up to my processor to find that one.

exNavyOffRec

Actually, I got a pm from a processor in my district stating that "Intel is closed nationwide as a #1 choice for applicants". However, you can apply to INTEL so long as it is not #1. Of course, this will change during the December board (it being a new fiscal year).

And INTEL being popular shouldn't be too big of a surprise - everyone wants to be a Secret Delta-DEVGRU-Ranger Squirrel.

They start selecting for the next FY around March/April, so a good number of FY 16 spots are already filled.

Historically the December board is one that is either reduced due to designators being closed, or it is cancelled.

Derek O

If it helps any, one of the guys in my squadron got picked up for Intel on the last IDC board that was held. Intel was his first and only choice. As for me, I submitted my package early July with IW as number two option behind NFO. Hoping this board meets as scheduled. Good luck to you all.

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
Nothing to do now but sit and wait for the process to take its toll. Eighteen days until the board convenes. Hopefully not more than 10 business days for the results. But even then, the background checks will take up more time, and then waiting for a FINSEL letter, and waiting for the class... this'll be a while.

That being said, we have no reason not to get 300s on our PRTs. Good luck everyone - hopefully we all come out on top.

AFChris

Our fates are going to be decided in 7 days' time. I am hopeful that we can be notified by the end of the month...bets?

Last edited: