• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Sept '15 IDC Board

AFChris

Looking to see who on AW has applied for the September 2015 IDC Board. I had my package submitted about a month ago. Application Cutoff is in 4 days, 26 Aug.

It's been a crazy ride for me while I have been waiting. Looking to transition from AD Air Force into IP, IW, or Intel.

Good luck to all of the hopefuls!

Matthew10

Looking to see who on AW has applied for the September 2015 IDC Board. I had my package submitted about a month ago. Application Cutoff is in 4 days, 26 Aug.

It's been a crazy ride for me while I have been waiting. Looking to transition from AD Air Force into IP, IW, or Intel.

Good luck to all of the hopefuls!

Awesome! I'm AF Intel hoping to get into Navy Intel as well. MEPs physical paperwork go sent a little over a week ago. I hope it comes back tomorrow, if so I should be in the board too.

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
Good luck to everyone applying to this board. With any luck, we'll get through and not have a 9 month stay in the FINSEL Purgatorium.

Matthew10

Good luck to everyone applying to this board. With any luck, we'll get through and not have a 9 month stay in the FINSEL Purgatorium.

Thanks! By the looks of it I may be with DuesEx in December instead. If my MEPs paperwork doesn't come back tomorrow I'm SOL

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
Check in with your recruiter on a frequent basis. Don't stalk them, but be sure to pay due diligence - the results may have come in and he/she hasn't had the time to call you.

Beyond that, make sure all of your paperwork (APSR, SF86, etc.) are 5x5. If the processors detect any anomaly, they'll kick your kit back for re-submission. This includes, but is not limited to: expiration dates, signatures, names, locations, employment.

Matthew10

Check in with your recruiter on a frequent basis. Don't stalk them, but be sure to pay due diligence - the results may have come in and he/she hasn't had the time to call you.

Beyond that, make sure all of your paperwork (APSR, SF86, etc.) are 5x5. If the processors detect any anomaly, they'll kick your kit back for re-submission. This includes, but is not limited to: expiration dates, signatures, names, locations, employment.

Yea that's true. It was a week as of Friday since I went to MEPs and I didn't talk to them today so it could very well be in. I'll call tomorrow (today actually) to check again. I still haven't gotten any word on whether or not it may be to late anyway or if you can actually submit everything the day of and it still go through.

As far as everything else I should be good. I'm guessing all your stuff is turned in already. Either way I hope it's not 9 months of purgatory either haha

Matthew10

I just got an email stating all my paperwork was submitted to board! Hopefully that means that even though it's only a day before the deadline that it's not "late" and still makes the cut!

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
Actually, I just got a call from my recruiter. Due to the recruiting district putting too many INTEL applicants in, they are denying my application because I'm not a minority.

Excuse me, I need to go bang my head against a wall for a few hours.

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
denying my application because I'm not a minority

I'd like to clarify this position. INTEL was being denied as a first choice due to it being closed nationally. There must have been some misunderstanding between myself and my recruiter. I apologize for any misunderstandings on my part.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

I'd like to clarify this position. INTEL was being denied as a first choice due to it being closed nationally. There must have been some misunderstanding between myself and my recruiter. I apologize for any misunderstandings on my part.

I would ping RUFIO to see if it is actually closed, some NRD's play games when they shouldn't, but it would not surprise me if Intel was closed, if it is that is a big chunk of IDC selections.

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
Actually, I got a pm from a processor in my district stating that "Intel is closed nationwide as a #1 choice for applicants". However, you can apply to INTEL so long as it is not #1. Of course, this will change during the December board (it being a new fiscal year).

And INTEL being popular shouldn't be too big of a surprise - everyone wants to be a Secret Delta-DEVGRU-Ranger Squirrel.

Matthew10

Actually, I got a pm from a processor in my district stating that "Intel is closed nationwide as a #1 choice for applicants". However, you can apply to INTEL so long as it is not #1. Of course, this will change during the December board (it being a new fiscal year).

And INTEL being popular shouldn't be too big of a surprise - everyone wants to be a Secret Delta-DEVGRU-Ranger Squirrel.

I'm pretty sure mine is on my sheet as number 1 choice :(. Does that apply to minorities too?

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
Paperwork is still due by the 26th. You said that your paperwork got submitted, so you should be okay. As long as nobody calls you saying you have a problem, you don't have a problem.

I was lucky that a processor in my district browses AW and was able to help. I really can't thank him enough for his assistance. Also, just for clarity, here is the message I got below (sans personal and SWO details):

"You can apply for Intel for the September board; however, it just can't be your first choice because Intel is closed nationwide as a #1 choice for applicants. That will change for the next board in December because we will be in a new fiscal year, but for now that's the case. If you want to get looked at for Intel and IW, you need to have IW as your top choice and Intel as your #2. If you are dead set on Intel being the top choice, you will need to wait until the December board."