• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Sept '15 IDC Board

Staythurst

I can't wait to see the selection stats... I thought I was good to go... But then again everyone does :rolleyes:
Bummer, AFChris, and best of luck to you as well. I've found the stats for the previous 2 IDC boards peppered about this thread or that thread, but accuracy seems to always be called into question. Do we know who gets this info and how long it takes before we will know?

I'm going to avoid calling my OR until I know for sure he is holding out on me because he just makes me feel as though I'm pestering him whenever I do contact him.

Matthew10

Bummer, AFChris, and best of luck to you as well. I've found the stats for the previous 2 IDC boards peppered about this thread or that thread, but accuracy seems to always be called into question. Do we know who gets this info and how long it takes before we will know?

I'm going to avoid calling my OR until I know for sure he is holding out on me because he just makes me feel as though I'm pestering him whenever I do contact him.

Mine makes me feel the same way

Matthew10

Just got off the phone with my recruiter and their computers have been down and are working to get them fixed...ha perfect timing right? They should have it fixed today and let me know in a few hours hopefully...maybe tomorrow

Last edited:

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Back in March I waited for my OR to call me; watched the parade of results come out with no word and figured I must be done. Eventually I called like two weeks later and got the unexpected good news of my pro-rec Y. Turns out the LT I was working with had rotated back into the fleet between my package submission and the results coming out. Not to suggest that was a typical situation, but sometimes being proactive is essential.

Matthew10

Well looks like I wasn't selected for Intel either. He did say the board recommended me for SWO and they are suppose to meet this month. So here's to hoping for SWO! My main goal is to serve as an officer so if that's where it's at I'll be happy :)

Staythurst

Scaevola, thanks for the heads up/words of encouragement. Called my OR yesterday, found out I was Pro Rec N. Ironically, it was because of my meeting deadlines for this board that I was lucky enough to get into and through the early NFO board a couple weeks ago. That and being age-critical for NFO (so hopefully can get expedited to OCS) is one hell of a silver lining!
Good luck to all going forward!

Mnicho53

I found out on Friday from my recruiter that I was pro-rec N for intel. (I was rejected for Oceano, my first choice, prior to the board due to lack of calc-based physics.)

Here are my stats. Very open to any feedback from members about how to improve my packet for reconsideration.

24 y.o. white male
B.A. Environmental Studies and Spanish (3.72 GPA, Ivy League alma mater)
M.A. International Policy (3.97 GPA)
70 OAR
Interview appraisals with highest possible scores from O-8 intel, O-6 Oceano (retired) and O-5 medical
No prior drug/legal/financial issues
Work experience for fed agency (NOAA) and corporate (Maersk)
Leadership experience as president of several athletic/recreational groups

ManiCanToo

I found out on Friday from my recruiter that I was pro-rec N for intel. (I was rejected for Oceano, my first choice, prior to the board due to lack of calc-based physics.)

Here are my stats. Very open to any feedback from members about how to improve my packet for reconsideration.

24 y.o. white male
70 OAR
Interview appraisals with highest possible scores from O-8 intel, O-6 Oceano (retired) and O-5 medical

Everything you have looks great. Your numbers and letters of recommendations look outstanding.

Only thing I could maybe think of is that it was the end of the fiscal year. That is, October starts the new fiscal year. Getting picky here but, you don't have a STEM degree. Maybe that influenced it a bit. Not sure how your motivational statement was either. I want to think it's because the end of the fiscal year more than anything. Maybe rewrite your motivational statement again and reapply. If you want Oceano then take calculus based physics.
Cheers!

exNavyOffRec

Everything you have looks great. Your numbers and letters of recommendations look outstanding.

Only thing I could maybe think of is that it was the end of the fiscal year. That is, October starts the new fiscal year. Getting picky here but, you don't have a STEM degree. Maybe that influenced it a bit. Not sure how your motivational statement was either. I want to think it's because the end of the fiscal year more than anything. Maybe rewrite your motivational statement again and reapply. If you want Oceano then take calculus based physics.
Cheers!

uh, it was not the end of FY for officer programs, they started selecting for FY 16 back in March/April (sometimes earlier depending on designator) and started sending FY 16 accessions to OCS in July, the way officer programs work there is no ideal time to apply or less than ideal time to apply due to when they start selecting and when formal goal numbers are released.

exNavyOffRec

24 y.o. white male
70 OAR

You have a great application, for SWO, tech degrees are now preferred for all IDC designators and as you found out required for some designators, your recruiter should have known this, it is basic info on his part. Intel looks for a 60/40 split on selections for tech/non-tech which makes the odds of getting selected much lower for non-tech and much higher for tech just by the lower number of people that apply with tech degrees.

If you want to be an officer and willing to look at other designators put Intel and #1 and SWO as #2

wellia

Long time reader of these IDC threads, first time poster. Thanks to everyone for all of your great questions and answers!

My recruiter notified me Friday that I was pro-rec Y for intel much to my surprise - at this point I had steeled myself for the N and began contemplating alternate options. I am very grateful and excited, though! Does anyone know the overall stats from this board?

ManiCanToo

Long time reader of these IDC threads, first time poster. Thanks to everyone for all of your great questions and answers!

My recruiter notified me Friday that I was pro-rec Y for intel much to my surprise - at this point I had steeled myself for the N and began contemplating alternate options. I am very grateful and excited, though! Does anyone know the overall stats from this board?
Stats?