• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Separated Shoulder

sickboy

pilot
I recently got a Type III shoulder separation that will require surgery. The surgery isn't until Thanksgiving, but I'm going for my commissioning physical within a week of that. I'm wondering what kind of problems I can expect with the physical.

Lobster

I recently got a Type III shoulder separation that will require surgery. The surgery isn't until Thanksgiving, but I'm going for my commissioning physical within a week of that. I'm wondering what kind of problems I can expect with the physical.

I'm not an expert on this and I'm sure other guys will have better gouge but I would assume that you'd bring all your paper work for the surgery and contact info for the doc who did it

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Just a guess, here, but unless you are at full ROM and full strength, I don't think thiings will be favorable. Is it possible to delay the commissioning?

sickboy

pilot
Just a guess, here, but unless you are at full ROM and full strength, I don't think thiings will be favorable. Is it possible to delay the commissioning?

I guess I could drop a course and take another semester. I should look into that. I don't know if the CO would let me though, after this semester I'd be done with my major and ready to graduate.

Lobster

I guess I could drop a course and take another semester. I should look into that. I don't know if the CO would let me though, after this semester I'd be done with my major and ready to graduate.

Its worth a shot, blackbearhockey just got another semester added on to his so its possible, take intro to basket weaving or something...;)

sickboy

pilot
So the MRI didn't show any tears like the doc suspected. I don't need surgery, just physical therapy.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
A little late in this post but I did the same thing. I seperated my shoulder in a water tubbing accident and had a couple of seperations post accident. I underwent surgery to repair some pretty good damage to my rotatorcuff as well as remove some debris from inside my shoulder.

That was 4 years ago and I've had no problems since the surgery and just got a waiver for the surgery. All I had to do was submit the surgeon's report as well as a signed letter stating what happened, how I went through PT, and how I have no problems and feel my shoulder is at 100%.

You shouldn't have any problems on your medical.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Graphic Image Warning

How bad is it separated?

Not like this guy i hope....

0412070922_M_041207_croc.jpg

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
How bad is it separated? Not like this guy i hope...

Why, oh, why, do people insist on playing with reptiles whose bite force has been measured at 9200 newtons (2,068 pounds force) and whose natural reflex is to chomp-down when even a drop of water lands on their pallet?