• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sen. Schumer gas for electric car trade in program?

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Guess you haven’t seen all the pictures out there of how poorly it is put together. Like it was assembled by the Neural Link monkeys that survived.
Just looking at the picture Chuck posted, there are alignment gaps in the hood along the drivers side, the drivers-side door and adjoining body panels don't align either.

Random8145

Beauty is in the eye...

I think it's amazing. Design is definitely controversial.

Just my opinion of course, but if the design was highly functional in ways that other trucks are not, then it could grow on me, because there is an inherent beauty in designs that aren't aesthetically pleasing on the surface but which are very functional. However, from what I understand, this thing has very little real functionality as others have pointed out. Its demonstrated off-road capabilities seem to be a joke as well. I've read some say the triangle shape makes it super strong...? Thus far though, just stone ugly to me.

The other thing is Musk, for some reason, has a habit of pursuing certain things that make no sense, for example the pop out door handles of Tesla's cars (which involved a lot of additional engineering and parts for no real benefit other than he thought they look cool), the Formula One-style steering wheel, insisting they could just automate the whole Tesla factory all in one go which blew up on him, and renaming an excellent (and well-established) brand name like Twitter as the very ho-hum "X"🤨 I think he has been very smart in certain ways, such as building Tesla into having a viable technology (batteries, electric motors, software) and of course SpaceX, but if not for China ultimately coming to its aid, Tesla would have probably gone under due to Musk's mismanagement. His fortune is to a great degree from the (over?) valuing of Tesla shares right now. So I am highly skeptical that the Cyber Truck is some exemplar of genius design.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Copy copy. FWIW, the Tesla mobile tech ($96) does it with single floor jack when they do at home service tire riotation. I watched a neighbor get his done and I copied the technique. But fair point on the jack stands! I agree.

Random8145

Copy copy. FWIW, the Tesla mobile tech ($96) does it with single floor jack when they do at home service tire riotation. I watched a neighbor get his done and I copied the technique. But fair point on the jack stands! I agree.
Techs and mechanics can/will sometimes do things in inappropriate ways. In addition to the risk of the vehicle slipping off the jack, there's also the chance the jack itself could just fail, like the hydraulics give out.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
What ever happened to the days of old when you joyfully exclaimed "SAFETY VIOLATOR!"? I miss those days. ;)

Ironically enough, I'm the Site Safety Officer at work. I've moved my pithy safety comments to the safety training emails I send out every month. Some of the training slides really are eye-rollingly silly.

But on a more serious note, I've moved multiple person-vs-stationary vehicle patients, so I guess I'm more aware now than I used to be. I remember moving one guy who had a commercial lift come down on at least one of his extremities. It just doesn't sound like a fun time. I may give Chuck a hard time here at times, but I certainly don't wish him any ill-will and would hate to see him, or anyone, get injured like that.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
The other thing is Musk, for some reason, has a habit of pursuing certain things that make no sense, for example the pop out door handles of Tesla's cars (which involved a lot of additional engineering and parts for no real benefit other than he thought they look cool), the Formula One-style steering wheel, insisting they could just automate the whole Tesla factory all in one go which blew up on him, and renaming an excellent (and well-established) brand name like Twitter as the very ho-hum "X"🤨 I think he has been very smart in certain ways, such as building Tesla into having a viable technology (batteries, electric motors, software) and of course SpaceX, but if not for China ultimately coming to its aid, Tesla would have probably gone under due to Musk's mismanagement. His fortune is to a great degree from the (over?) valuing of Tesla shares right now. So I am highly skeptical that the Cyber Truck is some exemplar of genius design.
Musk has been a beneficiary of a sickening amount of U.S. taxpayer subsidies because of the environmental benefits of emissionless vehicles. Everything from EV tax credits to "free" charging networks. That, and a ridiculous amount of stock speculation in the 2010s.

Random8145

Ironically enough, I'm the Site Safety Officer at work. I've moved my pithy safety comments to the safety training emails I send out every month. Some of the training slides really are eye-rollingly silly.

But on a more serious note, I've moved multiple person-vs-stationary vehicle patients, so I guess I'm more aware now than I used to be. I remember moving one guy who had a commercial lift come down on at least one of his extremities. It just doesn't sound like a fun time. I may give Chuck a hard time here at times, but I certainly don't wish him any ill-will and would hate to see him, or anyone, get injured like that.
So take it this would warrant an e-mail?
Scissor-Lift-Truck2.jpg