• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sen. Schumer gas for electric car trade in program?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just got home from local Tesla HQ - new Cyber Truck arrived here in Cincinnati in the middle of the night and is on display. Super, super impressive "in the metal" as @mad dog would say...

View attachment 39569
Guess you haven’t seen all the pictures out there of how poorly it is put together. Like it was assembled by the Neural Link monkeys that survived.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Guess you haven’t seen all the pictures out there of how poorly it is put together. Like it was assembled by the Neural Link monkeys that survived.
From a marketing perspective, I honestly don’t know who this truck will appeal to.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Divorced dads whose kids hate them and whose mom has to step in when they insist on cage fighting their rival?
No one who really needs the functionality of a truck would buy this turd. I guess it will be a status symbol for some. But it's still fucking ugly.☺️

SteveHolt!!!

pilot
No one who really needs the functionality of a truck would buy this turd. I guess it will be a status symbol for some. But it's still fucking ugly.☺
That thing is an ugly, ridiculous piece of trash. In fairness though, most people buying trucks don’t need the functionality and are already buying status symbols (that make our roads less safe for everyone else). Why should cyber truck be any different?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
That thing is an ugly, ridiculous piece of trash. In fairness though, most people buying trucks don’t need the functionality and are already buying status symbols (that make our roads less safe for everyone else). Why should cyber truck be any different?
As someone who owns and uses a pickup truck for its intended purpose, I actually agree with this. Anyone who thinks critically about the “Cyber Truck” (incidentally what a terrible name- what is this, the 1970s?) will realize it’s not practical, nor does it appear to be particularly good at anything.

-Weight distribution is poor, even for a pickup truck
-bed is small (ability to readily carry 8’ objects is a baseline for people who use their truck)
-Off-road performance appears to be a joke
-Published range of an electric is less than conventional trucks and does not account for towing, hauling, or weather conditions.
-Narrow windows make for poor visibility
-Ex$pen$ive as hell
-Late and rushed by the OEM gives me cause for concern
-Tesla’s broader QC concerns apply
-Poor aesthetics

Come to think of it, maybe “Cyber Truck” is perfect. This might appeal to guys in Silicon Valley who have more money than sense and fantasies of starring in the next Michael Bay Transformers movie. Unfortunately, I don’t think their “truck” will transform into anything but an overpriced collection of unrecyclable and largely useless parts. But hey, at least it’s “green”.
;)

Hard pass.

Last edited:

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just got home from local Tesla HQ - new Cyber Truck arrived here in Cincinnati in the middle of the night and is on display. Super, super impressive "in the metal" as @mad dog would say...

View attachment 39569
Saw one at a traffic light in Phoenix over two weeks ago, very odd looking. I understand you can't sell it on the open market for a of time, something like 2 years. Tesla has first right of refusal and will pay the owner whatever they want.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Back in the early 90s my best friend had a computer that we could design cars on. Being as it was the early 90s, not a lot of options were available but we eventually found that a car with the shape of the cyber truck had the best aerodynamics.

Fast forward to current day and I see the cyber truck. I’m like, ‘hey, that looks like that computer game we used to play’.

Which isn’t to say that the cyber truck is impressive or an attractive vehicle, it looks like it was designed on an early 90s era computer. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
No one who really needs the functionality of a truck would buy this turd. I guess it will be a status symbol for some. But it's still fucking ugly.☺️
This... a status symbol is all it is.