• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Semper V/STOL Group

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
There's a new group on Airwarriors, "Semper V/STOL". Anyone interested in Harriers, no matter your affiliation, check it out. If you have some good Harrier moto-photos, post 'em for all to see, or just check out the ones already there. Just wanted to put the word out there. I felt a disturbing lack of AV-8B love on this forum.

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/group.php?groupid=8

Semper V/STOL!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
So, does V/STOL include Ospreys?

There's plenty of Harrier guys posting here. Definitely more Marine Harrier pilots than Marine F/A-18, so I don't see a lack of Harrier "love." A lack of obsequious ass-kissing, perhaps. Plenty of love to go around though. :icon_tong

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
I was obsessed with the Harrier as a kid. My dad had a model hanging up in his office that I tore down and made my new toy. That baby went on many a bombing run. I'll join up as a wanna-be.

KBayDog

So, does V/STOL include Ospreys?

The term "V/STOL" has always confounded me. Since Assaults have wheels, are we not capable of V/STOL?

(BTW, I find it funny that my approach/landing speed in the Phrog is often faster than when I fly the C152!)

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
I'm changing the name to "Semper V/STOL Attack"...darnit it won't let me change the name. I know you guys don't like it when you're excluded...hey if you're interested in talking Harriers, join the group. Please no pictures of "God's Chariot" though, thanks.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I'll try to find a Yak-38 pilot to keep you company.

Wouldn't calling it "AV-8B usergroup" have been so much easier?

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
Yes, but that doesn't sound as cool, and that's what life's really all about isn't it?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is there seriously even close to enough interest to warrant a Harrier only "club"? The Phrog guys tried their own little private "club" at one point and it failed pretty miserably. Is there really that much to talk about? Shit, the Harrier only flies for about 45 mins how many pictures can you possibly take?

My point isn't to mock the Harrier community (as fun as that is) but to ask why not just post your stories and pictures for general consumption.

KBayDog

The Phrog guys tried their own little private "club" at one point and it failed pretty miserably.

To be fair, that was a private "club" for guys going through the RAG to share gouge. It outlived its usefulness, and was closed.

Life's all about forward-firing ordnance, though. Shooters. Yut, yut.

MasterBates

So you are creating a Harrier group.. When you could possibly be flying Hornets or Prowlers?

(this is known as tempting fate. I suggest not. Trust me on this)

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
(this is known as tempting fate. I suggest not. Trust me on this)

Trust you on this? You spend WAY too much time on Airwarriors friend. If I didn't tempt fate on a daily basis, I wouldn't be breathing, nature of the best (not a typo, I meant best). Get some. :icon_smil