• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SELRES to OCS

happyhourchris

I'm fly... I'm pilot.
pilot
Howdy y'all!

I recently received a Pro-Rec Y from the September Pilot/NFO board and am anxiously waiting for my FINSEL. However, I am curious as to what my status will be upon receiving my FINSEL. I have spent the morning reading through CNRC instructions (1131.2e) and understand that civilians are enlisted into the IRR but there is no mention of SELRES. Will I be recalled to active duty, discharged and reenlisted into the IRR, or something else entirely? I'm getting conflicting reports from various folks on this one, so any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

HM3 San

Hello, I am also a SELRES. I was selected from SEPT Intel Board. You will get your orders through Manpower, once order is out, you will be released from reserves and OCS will be your gaining command. There will be a detach date from the NOSC and a report date to OCS.

According to Manpower, you will also see your order on your NSIPS.

happyhourchris

I'm fly... I'm pilot.
pilot
@HM3 San

Gotcha. So does the release from the reserves and detach date coincide with your OCS class date? My biggest concern is a gap in Tricare coverage before OCS starts.

Thanks!

ugamilit

I just had the exact same situation and my NOSC screwed it up, but here's how to make sure it works out correctly.
Your detach date from the Reserves needs to be the day before you begin travel to OCS if driving (which I recommend). If not, it should be the day before your OCS class starts. As I said, my NOSC messed it up and detached me a week early and it has completely screwed up my Tricare coverage and given me a break in service that they are now having to fix.

HM3 San

Thanks for answering that questions, would anyone know how Navy calculates our pay? So I have 6months active duty time, and 2 years reserve. By the time I go to OCS, will I be paid based on over 2 years pay or just under 2 years?

happyhourchris

I'm fly... I'm pilot.
pilot
@ugamilit Gotcha. So I'm assuming we also don't have to swear in like everyone else, seeing as how we are already in? I love how this is such a grey area. My squadron has no idea and the local NOSC is just as clueless!

@HM3 San Your time in service for pay purposes will be your active and reserve time. In your case, you will be paid over two but under three.

brittany ott

I was told to pick any date for my release date from the NOSC (without having a travel date or class start date). Does this mean I, too, may end up with a break in service? I have received my Pro Rec Y but no FINSEL and my NOSC and I have no idea what we are supposed to do. I was also told that I will no longer need a conditional release. I feel like I may be getting bad information. This process has been utterly confusing and frustrating. Please give as much insight as possible!!! THANK YOU

brittany ott

Thanks for answering that questions, would anyone know how Navy calculates our pay? So I have 6months active duty time, and 2 years reserve. By the time I go to OCS, will I be paid based on over 2 years pay or just under 2 years?

From the research I've done, you take your ASOSH points and divide by 365 to determine how many years you have total.