• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SELRES TO AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WFU2USN

sailorgloom,

You may want to give an active duty officer recruiter a call regarding this.

Robin
IS2(SCW)

http://www.geocities.com/califchick1175/USN/navy.html

sailorgloom

ALCON:

I found the steps for going from SELRES to Active Duty. Thanks to my shipmate out there who actually went through the process.

1. Obtain MILPERSMAN 1320-150
2. Submit a NAVPERS 1331/5 (Application for Voluntary Transfer of Naval Reserve Officers to the Active Duty List) with resume
3. Wait :)

-SG

WFU2USN

SG,

Hang in there! YOu know the military..."hurry up and wait!"

:) Robin
IS2(SCW)

http://www.geocities.com/califchick1175/USN/navy.html

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
SG,

What designator do you have in the SELRES? and do you know if this matters if you are applying for active duty?

sailorgloom

Ack. I just spoked to the Community manager. The conversation was going great (good scores, good physical, etc.) until I mentioned I was 31. The conversation then turned to end strength and how there was currently no numbers. I've been in four years (3 enlisted, 1 as an en-swine). I thought there were age waivers for prior/current service?

-SG

sailorgloom

Originally posted by 04Hopeful
SG,

What designator do you have in the SELRES? and do you know if this matters if you are applying for active duty?

I am a 1645 and your designator may matter for Active Duty (depends what you're looking for). You can request a change of designator in your application.

-SG

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
wow...that is a big change. I am trying to apply to OCS with an AMDO designator and I am 32 (33 at time of commissioning). I was hoping that if I was not accepted into OCS to apply for a direct commission and ask for a transfer into active duty, but from what you are saying that is a hard thing to obtain?

Mer

John,
My name is LT Striker, Officer Recruiter for the AL, MS and part of FL. Please give me a call to see if I can help. 1 800 392 8000 ext 140.

sailorgloom

Originally posted by 04Hopeful
I am trying to apply to OCS with an AMDO designator and I am 32 (33 at time of commissioning). I was hoping that if I was not accepted into OCS to apply for a direct commission and ask for a transfer into active duty, but from what you are saying that is a hard thing to obtain?

Apply for every program you are eligible. I must say that DCO school is a lot easier than OCS! I guess it all depends on what you really want your end-state to be and how much in a hurry you are. I think it's harder to get a DCO commission than an OCS just because of the numbers game. Good luck.

-SG

sailorgloom

ALCON:

Please check out NAVADMIN 227/03 for the latest information on the Officer Transfer-Redesignation and Augmentation Board. The dates for packages are posted. No quotas have been advertised for the boards. Good luck for those looking to go haze-gray.

-SG

frogggystyle

LT Striker, are you offering any advice for Naval Officers that are being affected by the policy that mandates that anyone who failed to complete their initial warfare designation training (regardless of reason) be discharged? I have almost 12 years in and was prior for 10. I was NPQ'd from flight training and now they are telling me, and anywhere from 3-5 thousand other Naval Officers that did not complete their initial training within the last five years, that we are all being discharged unless we get redesignated before June. If you have the answers to keep me in uniform, I'd appreciate it if you could contact me via private mail here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.