• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selling my SCUBA gear

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I decided I'm going to sell my SCUBA gear. I thought I'd post it on Airwarriors first to see if anyone wants it before I put it up on Craigslist or Ebay for the masses. I put a chunk of money into all of it, and just don't use it enough to warrant keeping it. I'd rather someone else have it.

Here's what you get and how much I bought it all for:

SCUBA Pro Twin-Jet fins (I paid $190 for them)
SCUBA Pro Ever-Flex boots L (paid $60 for em)
SeaVision Ultra Mask (paid $100)
Camera + Underwater Camera case (paid $50)
22lbs of weight and comfort fit weight belt (paid $40)
Sherwood BC M (Not sure how much I paid, but around $200)
2 Piece SeaQuest 3 mil wetsuit ML (again, not sure, but around $150)

There it is. Over $800 worth of gear.

The mask, fins, boots, camera, weights and belt have only been used on 3 or 4 dives. The BC and wetsuit have been used on 10 or so dives.

All the equipment is 2 years old with the exception of the BC and wetsuit, which are 3 or 4 years old.

It's pretty much everything you'd need to SCUBA dive, with the exception of a tank and regulator. I never bought the tank because I'd travel to SCUBA dive (Bahamas, etc) and I found that hauling your own O2 tank is more hassle than it's worth. The regulator I never purchased because they require some upkeep and testing, and I found it cheaper and easier to just rent them worry free with the tank for a few bucks when you dive.

I'm asking $350, but will entertain offers. Located in K'rock/Corpus if anyone wants to come take a look at it, but will ship if you pay the shipping.

Attachments

• gear.jpg
    gear.jpg
    661 KB · Views: 139

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
I have all the gear (and then some) that I need, but I wanted to chime in with how much I love those fins, in case anyone is wondering about them. Husband and I both got them a couple years ago and I am a total convert.

Godspeed

pilot
Yeah, both the fins and the mask are top of the line (as evident by how much they cost new).

I noticed a HUGE difference in both comfort and propulsion when I switched to the twin jets. I'd recommend them to anyone that SCUBA dives religiously

The mask was a great (but expensive) purchase too... Not only was it by far the most comfortable mask I'd ever worn, but it did a good job of what it was advertised to do, which is restore color vibrance at depths (you'll notice the lenses have a red hue to them in the picture). It's some sort of high tech light filter.. I don't know how it works, but it does! Another big plus is that they refuse to fog up.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, both the fins and the mask are top of the line (as evident by how much they cost new).

I noticed a HUGE difference in both comfort and propulsion when I switched to the twin jets. I'd recommend them to anyone that SCUBA dives religiously

The mask was a great (but expensive) purchase too... Not only was it by far the most comfortable mask I'd ever worn, but it did a good job of what it was advertised to do, which is restore color vibrance at depths (you'll notice the lenses have a red hue to them in the picture). It's some sort of high tech light filter.. I don't know how it works, but it does! Another big plus is that they refuse to fog up.

+2 on the fins. I do have to say that it's too bad you're deciding to part with it. I bought a full set of gear in the early 90s and it's still going strong. Other than replace an octopus and the annual tank maintenance, it's upkeep requirements have been minimal. I don't think you'll get the cash out of it that would offset the value of having it around if you want to dive, but that's just IMHO.

Brett

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Twin Jets are a nice improvement over normal fins, for sure. Nice for swimming in confined/overheads environments.

I still have mine for that, but I got freediving fins last spring and they are awesome. Sooo much faster, but they are stupidly long.

That mask is kind of interesting. Parting out the set, or looking for an all or none deal?

Godspeed

pilot
For all those initially interested in the SCUBA gear I was selling, I put it on Ebay with a starting bid of $280 w/free shipping.. It has one bid... Looks like it might go for $280.. So if you want it for possibly $70 below my asking price, and want it shipped to you for free to boot, feel free to bid :D

Search for Item # 220478223782

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I'm asking $350, but will entertain offers. Located in K'rock/Corpus if anyone wants to come take a look at it, but will ship if you pay the shipping.

Damn, I knew I shouldn't have been gone so long. As soon as I recover from a broken leg, I'm back to diving in the Atlantic.

Anyone dive late October without a drysuit? I'd like to try...

I'm back baby. :) Hopefully for a while now.

sanchagrins

Damn, I knew I shouldn't have been gone so long. As soon as I recover from a broken leg, I'm back to diving in the Atlantic.

I'm back baby. :) Hopefully for a while now.

It depends on what part of the Atlantic you want to dive in :D I'm in Eastern NC and unless you are really bothered by the cold you can dive a two piece 7mil wetsuit with a hooded vest/gloves and be fine through the winter.

I'm an instructor and teach a fair amount a drysuit classes all winter long so I myself don't do a whole lot of wet diving, but a lot of people do. Now if you are diving up in Jersey of course you will want a drysuit. Also if you are further South then I'd once again say, all you need is a good wet suit.

If you don't mind heading to NC we have some of the best wreck diving in North America(along with the Great Lakes). Off our coast we have 3 WWII u-boats (U-352, U-701, U-85) all within recreational limits, as well as a slew of U-boat casualties and more recently sunk artificial reefs. Not to mention TONS of large fish for spear fishing and big sharks for photography.... sorry guys, had to put my pitch in for NC diving :D

Sorry to hijack btw. I agree fins are top notch, the rest of the gear is fine too. Good luck on selling it! If any of my students are looking for some gear I'll keep this post in mind!

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor

I used to dive the mouth of the Chesapeake in a 7mm all the way up to Thanksgiving. So, it's possible, but when the bottom temps are in the high 30's:)eek:), you start to wonder if it's really worth it.

Which is why I bought a dry suit.:icon_wink

And chose KBay as my next duty station.:)