• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selections coming up...

rockiesguy

To add on to bolterking, I'll give you my experience.

A year ago I really wanted kingsville over meridian (mostly because I'm single and thought I'd have at least a hope being near corpus). But I got meridian and I'm pretty happy it worked out that way. My buddies in kingsville, who classed up before me don't seem to be as pleased with their location. I like it here for three reasons.
-The base, all the civilians who work on base are friendly and helpful and that makes a big difference day to day.
- VT-9 is an awesome squadron, great command climate and instructors. A few hiccups in scheds but still relatively pretty good.
- Flying the C, in primary I didn't think I would care as long as its a jet. But once I figured out how to use a system (BI's can be painful), I couldn't imagine going back to the limits of steam gauges. Plus most of the IPs think its better preparation for the rag. (not trying to say I'm a better pilot or anything because of the system, just its nicer-like a more comfortable seat)

And even though there is nothing to the town, it forces you to leave on weekends so I've gotten a chance to see almost every city withing 5 hours. New Orleans, Memphis, Biloxi, Tuscaloosa, Atlanta, and Nashville. I strongly recommend nashville.

And while I can't wait to leave, I'm still pretty happy how things turned out. Plus its pretty cool to live on a lake.