• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selection Paragraph

KellyDan

Hi all. I am cleaning up forms and am set to select next week at the latest. Our squadron (Sr. Marine) has us write a little paragraph regarding why we want our top picks. Is this a primary thing or a squadron thing? Does it matter? I’m probably nuking this, but just want to make sure. Thank you

thosefreakinATs

insert witty comment here
pilot
Yea, unless you have a super high nss, your input doesnt matter. They may use it as a tool when picking between 2 peeps for 1 slot of something but yea, needs of service reign.

Renegade One

None
Just ask yourself: Why do you want your top picks? Go ahead and write that answer down. Seems easy enough. Why ask why?

bucka

pilot
Deciding factor in selection? No. However, the CO of MATSG quoted mine back at me during my outbound interview, so he at least read it. Your chance for your two cents.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Hi all. I am cleaning up forms and am set to select next week at the latest. Our squadron (Sr. Marine) has us write a little paragraph regarding why we want our top picks. Is this a primary thing or a squadron thing? Does it matter? I’m probably nuking this, but just want to make sure. Thank you

If you’re a Marine you better throw some Yut and Rah bullshit in it. That personal statement will be used to in decisions to retain you or toss you if you have a MATSG meeting after struggling in advance.

My roomate in Whiting had a very Rah personality and had to go in front of the MATSG CO upon completion of helo advanced due to struggling along with one other dude. He got skids out of the meeting based on his answers to the Col. and the other dude got attrition.

MiracleWhip

I have been told Marines take everything into account and it just isn’t purely a numbers game. Is there any truth to this?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I have been told Marines take everything into account and it just isn’t purely a numbers game. Is there any truth to this?

MATSG COs have been known to place students in pipelines based on personalities over stick skills in the past. They’ve also not winged students who completed advanced because they didn’t like their NSS or number of unsats in all of flight school. The Colonel is gonna Colonel as he sees fit.