• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selection Chances/Pilot Slot

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks for all the insight, it means alot to me. Do you happen to know if an arrest that led to no conviction, which was dismissed by the state bar someone from becoming an officer. Does anyone know of individuals who are in now with a criminal history of there own?

It all depends like what the charge was, why was it dropped and other fun stuff. You do have to report it, it would definitely be a big yellow flag until you explain it to the recruiter and then they tell you if you are still a likely viable candidate or DOA.

A charge is not exactly a 'criminal history' and there are officers out there that have arrest in their past but there needs to be a very good explanation as to why it happened and what the result was from it.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
That answer could be said for everything on this website. I think members including myself are looking for more of a personal side of things/issues/topics. The "go see a recruiter" doesn't do much for its members. Although that is the way to get the most accurate iformation, members of this site are looking for something different.

As a potential naval officer and ultimately as a naval officer you are expected to use the resources around you first and foremost. Your recruiter should be your point of contact at all times and your first means to answer a question or address a concern. Just like us officers, we have a chain of command that we directly directly communicate with. Furthermoreore, as officers its expected for us to seek the answer or solution first before throwing our hands up in the air and asking for help.

The point I'm making is that your recruiter will know your situation best and give you the most accurate answer possible. Stop trying to beat around the bush with the situation.

Last edited:

Battalion91

Thank you to all I appreciate all your insight and will use this site as a helpful resource in my pursuits. Good luck to everyone in there pursuits as well.

JVA

In response to the earlier Air Force post, pilot boards for AF OTS are extremely tough. On mine, everyone I talked to had a PPL at least, and were above 95's on their AFOQT. I believe the selection rate was significantly under 10%, but I cannot remember specifics. Technical degrees were also important. 3 of 4 selected through my recruiter were engineers and the other one essentially had a perfect PCSM (pilot candidate selection method) score, and lots of flight hours.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
In response to the earlier Air Force post, pilot boards for AF OTS are extremely tough. On mine, everyone I talked to had a PPL at least, and were above 95's on their AFOQT. I believe the selection rate was significantly under 10%, but I cannot remember specifics. Technical degrees were also important. 3 of 4 selected through my recruiter were engineers and the other one essentially had a perfect PCSM (pilot candidate selection method) score, and lots of flight hours.

Your signature is wrong. The next Pilot/NFO board is in July. The next one after that will likely be October.