• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

selection boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Maybe it's just my experience, but the selection board proceedings seem to be pretty arcane knowledge. Nobody at my NRD could tell me when they were supposed to be meeting, and, now, a month after I was informed they were indeed meeting, I have yet to hear anything and my recruiter just keeps saying that things are out of his control. I talked to a different recruiter (USAF though) who said they have a 30-day time limit to make a decision. Is this true for the Navy? I know waiting seems to be a common experience but I wish I were a little better informed abouit what goes on in these meetings. I thought perhaps the background check was taking some time, but I also hear that they actually do that while you're at OCS, so the check done by the review boards is usually preliminary. Is that right? If it helps, I'm applying to Crypto and Intel, if anything is community-specific. Thanks.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Crypto/Intel is probably a little bit different, buy my recruiter said the boards are supposed to meet on a weekly basis. However, the boards are made up of officers in each respective field, so they have other stuff to do besides look at applications. He told me that the weekly meetings end up taking place more like once a month. I'm not too sure whether that applies to your situation or not, but that's all the info I've got. Good luck and try to stay patient, I know it sucks.

Eteled

It took me 2.5-3 months to hear back from Intel and Crypto. I heard from Intel. first with a non-select and a few weeks later from Crypto with a pro-rec. My recruiter said that at the time my app. was looked at, Intel was only selecting for FY04 and had very few spots left. I'm pretty sure my pro-rec for Crypto was based on FY05 projections. These two boards take their time.

My recruiter said that the back ground check is largely worked on before you head to OCS and that it is finished soon after you are there (in most cases). The ESPQ stuff is generally sent off with your FINDOC's after you've been pro-rec. He said that if nothing pops up off the more basic searches (FBI, Police) then you can be finally selected.

BigSkyGuy

ENS, SC, USNR
It took me 6 weeks to hear back from the Supply Board. I've always been told that the various communities meet once a month to review applications, and that the date is never a set date. Which means they could meet on the first of one month and then wait until the end of the next month to meet again ... up to an 8 week time lapse. Be patient, you'll hear something eventually.

My recruiter also told me that they don't do the background/security check until you are at OCS. Yes, you complete the ESPQ and send it in with your FINDOCS, but that is as far as it goes. I do know that they will look at EVERYTHING to make sure there are no discrepancies in information in your FINDOCS and your ADVDOCS that were sent initially. This may be different for the intel and crypto communities however, I don't know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.