• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selecting Communities

navyag08

I am still trying to select my communities. Is there a site that goes into depth about each? I have tried looking at navy.com but their descriptions seem pretty general. Any gouge is appreciated also. I would really like PAO but I heard there are only something like 2 slots for BDCP applicants. I am a junior with a non-technical major (Tourism Sciences) and a Business minor. I am hesitant to change majors since I am so late in the game, but if I don't get picked first time around, I am willing to sacrifice more time in school.

mts4602

Try searching on here first. You can also try NAVYOCS.ORG which is another great site like this one. It has a lot more info on other communities than this site does...you can prob find the info on here but it's mostly aviation related so there might not be any first hand experiece with PAO.

By the way, what exactly is Tourism Sciences? I suspect the obvious but I'm not sure what goes into that type of degree?

navyag08

Thanks! I'll let you know what communities I pick!

It covers a broad range of careers in travel, hospitality, restuarant/hotel management, event planning, and other aspects of tourism.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I am still trying to select my communities. Is there a site that goes into depth about each?

Depends on what communiites (besides PAO) you're interested in. Some of the restricted line and staff corps communities have their own sites. Another way to attack this would be to go into different parts of the forum here and ask questions there, for instance, post in the supply forum (if you're interested) asking for info on supply.