• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selected

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Soft wings yesterday, found out today...

Headed to beautiful MCAS Miramar to fly F/A-18C's! Anyone there or have any good gouge on the squadron or the program in general? Maybe an unclass NATOPS manual in .pdf? Anyway, a little bit of a surprise to the guy who thought he wanted to fly the drumstick, but I'm super excited, especially being single seat and all.

Edit: I'm Navy BTW in case it makes any difference

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
A) Congrats!

B) VMFAT-101? Is that common for a Navy guy to go there? Never heard that until now...

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Nice dude...there are a lot of good places to live out that way. Kira was living in Mission Valley and it was very nice out there. I'm very jealous...but Corpus will do for now. No it won't.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Congrats man, it's about time! About the NATOPs thing, you can go the NATEC website (just google it) and request access. You'll need your CAC card to log in under your .mil account, but I don't remember what else, it's been a while since I had to jump through the hoops. Enjoy the weather out there, it's beautiful! The traffic... not so much. Get a motorcycle.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
B) VMFAT-101? Is that common for a Navy guy to go there? Never heard that until now...

Not real common but there are a few of us who go there (they have a few Navy IP's there as well if I'm not mistaken).

@ Av8, I think I still have an account there, but I couldn't remember my password. Anyway, I can probably figure it out.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
A) Congrats!

Not real common but there are a few of us who go there (they have a few Navy IP's there as well if I'm not mistaken).

@ Av8, I think I still have an account there, but I couldn't remember my password. Anyway, I can probably figure it out.

Yes it is actually a fairly common thing. I know a couple guys who did the RAG at miramar, and I met another dude at my apartment building who was a Navy guy at miramar, so it happens on a fairly regular basis from what I can tell.

Now... my apt... two words: La Mirage. You'll thank me later.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
Do you stay with the Marine squadrons there at Miramar, or follow on to Lemoore to fly with a Navy squadron?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Do you stay with the Marine squadrons there at Miramar, or follow on to Lemoore to fly with a Navy squadron?

He will go to a Navy squadron. The RAGs for Hornets are mixed and Navy and Marines can go to any of the three Hornet RAGs. I believe Navy guys don't find out what coast they are going to until at or after the RAG whereas Marines find out when the select out of Advanced.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor

I about posted this at one of your other post, but found this thread. Congrats man! I have a buddy flying the charlie in lemoore and he wanted miramar. Would have made his San Diego weekend trips.. well pretty easy. jealous, maybe the thought of cali sun will keep me warm during my cold long nights/(wait short night naps) in newport.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
Maybe the thought of cali sun will keep me warm during my cold long nights/(wait short night naps) in newport.

Eh, a third of the radiators are broke dick. You'll make due with wool blankets and sleeping in PT Gear and your NWU Parka like everyone else. :p

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
Congrats man! That's awesome! I have no doubt that you will enjoy your time in the RAG at Miramar. That entire area is great! I wouldn't mind going there for the RAG should I go through that pipeline!