• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selected pilot... told I could go Subs???

Random Task

pilot
A very similar situation to mavric's happened to me with the exception that instead of sending personalized letters, they actual "designated" us prior to commissioning without the interview or bonus. It wasn't really official because Nuke Admiral has to approve every nuke officer. They went so far as to cut us (us being all the midn/new ENS who they were trying to swindle) TAD orders to come to DC to talk to a couple 4 stars and go for the interview. What they didn't tell us till right before the interview was that the Nuke Admiral didn't want to even see our face if we weren't interested. There were about a third of us who were just not interested at all, a third who were on the fence and a third that were actually convinced. Since their tactics actually got results I wouldn't be surprised if they continued doing the same "nuke baiting technique".

NOTE: The "they" I speak of are those in navy personnel. They can try all they want to have as many nukes as they want but if Nuke admiral doesn't approve then said individual is going something other than nuke. NOTE to the NOTE: It is unwise to purposely f*ck up an interview, especially with a powerful 4-star.

hanginthere

Hey ask if they will they send you to Hawaii on an incentive trip, I graduated in December, got a pilot slot, but went through pretty much everything they are doing to you. However, they did try to convince me in to subs by sending me to Hawaii for 5 days for a sweet incentive trip, pretty much minimal military involvement, (actually the only things we HAD to do was to go to go to a cool brief, tour a sub, and tour the USS Arizona memorial in whites.) But the rest of the time, you just have some O-3 ROTC advisers there to drive you around wherever you want to go and pick you up from the bars at night... pretty sweet deal, found out some stuff about subs, and still told them I wasn't interested. End of story.