• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selected for OCS Upcoming E6 Eval

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do people regularly get Pro Rec Y and not get a FINAL SELECT? Based on what I have seen, all should and will get a final select. Have you observed otherwise?
It would be very rare. Possibly for a legal issue... ARI/DUI or arrest for???, drug involvement, etc. OR, an unforeseen medical problem requiring resolution prior to FS letter. On very rare occasions, questionable info might pop up on open BI/clearance investigations which could possibly delay or withhold Final Select pending problem resolution.:eek:
BzB

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
I knew a guy who was a math major and was going to go NUPOC. He did MEPS, was picked up, but did some stupid things and ended up with a DUI before leaving for OCS. (Or maybe he was going the enlisted side, I can't remember the full story). But that crushed those plans with the USN.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I knew a guy who was a math major and was going to go NUPOC. He did MEPS, was picked up, but did some stupid things and ended up with a DUI before leaving for OCS. (Or maybe he was going the enlisted side, I can't remember the full story). But that crushed those plans with the USN.

Either or he would have been discharged prior to going to RTC or OCS.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Do people regularly get Pro Rec Y and not get a FINAL SELECT? Based on what I have seen, all should and will get a final select. Have you observed otherwise?

Many programs don't require an N3M prior to submission. So a person can be ProRec Y, but be DQ'd and not receive a FINSEL.

IDC Applicant

MA1,

I, too, was PRO REC-Y on the most recent SWO OCS board. With regard to your question, you have been recommended and therefore not selected. Your evaluation should be unaffected and your billet subcategory will be Regular. The only thing I think this might affect (although it really shouldn't), is how your command ranks you amongst your other PO1's as you can absorb a P or MP without it adversely affecting you (due to your recent OCS selection). This, of course, depends on what you received last time, and based on your stats you broke out as #1 EP. If that is the case, you will still be that.

In short, your eval is not going to be a 1 of 1 "SELECTED", but will be a normally ranked "REGULAR" eval.

R/
CTTC Chris Hallissy

How confident are you about this?? Its not billet subcategory that has the selected/regular - its the "promotion recommendation." Since OCS is not listed as one of the three programs that are eligible for advancement to E7-E9, that should give us a "selected" status for promotion rec IAW the eval instruction (listed in first comment) right?

hallissyc

How confident are you about this?? Its not billet subcategory that has the selected/regular - its the "promotion recommendation." Since OCS is not listed as one of the three programs that are eligible for advancement to E7-E9, that should give us a "selected" status for promotion rec IAW the eval instruction (listed in first comment) right?

You can fail out of OCS and revert back to the fleet as your current rank. Your final selection letter states that you are being offered a seat at OCS, not that you have been selected as an Ensign. I understand where you are coming from, but am certain that you will receive a regular evaluation with a standard promotion recommendation.

IDC Applicant

Actually, you
You can fail out of OCS and revert back to the fleet as your current rank. Your final selection letter states that you are being offered a seat at OCS, not that you have been selected as an Ensign. I understand where you are coming from, but am certain that you will receive a regular evaluation with a standard promotion recommendation.

Is that what your eval has? (assuming you've already been debriefed for this cycle) I understand that I haven't been "selected" for ENS. However, I am not eligible for promotion to E7, so how can I have a "regular" promotion status?

hallissyc

My CHIEFEVAL for this cycle reads like a regular eval. Please give me some backstory to your situation. Not sure I understand the entire story.

hallissyc

I would also recommend you contact the OCS Helpdesk at 9018749028. That's who I turned to when I had the same question.

I'm in the same situation. I am normally rank in the EP category, but my command insisted that I be ranked a one of one... and pulled out of the running for Sailor of the Year.. since I was "selected" for OCS. However, the "selected" mentioning in the 1610 is for LDO/CWO programs. Those are guaranteed commissioning... OCS is not. The CMC agreed with my argument and said that if for any reason I don't make it through OCS my contract will be resumed and I'll return to a First Class... I'm still eligible for the chiefs exam this January even though I have been Pro'recd.... so you should get a normal eval as regular.

hallissyc

I'm in the same situation. I am normally rank in the EP category, but my command insisted that I be ranked a one of one... and pulled out of the running for Sailor of the Year.. since I was "selected" for OCS. However, the "selected" mentioning in the 1610 is for LDO/CWO programs. Those are guaranteed commissioning... OCS is not. The CMC agreed with my argument and said that if for any reason I don't make it through OCS my contract will be resumed and I'll return to a First Class... I'm still eligible for the chiefs exam this January even though I have been Pro'recd.... so you should get a normal eval as regular.

Exactly.