• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selected for OCS Upcoming E6 Eval

binoly

Hello all. I just got my PROREC-Y for OCS on 31JUL14. My question is this, for the upcoming E6 Eval on November 15th will I be ranked against all of the other E6 at my command. The Eval instruction is kind of vague. It does mention commissioning programs and being selected but talks about LDO/CWO and not OCS.

d. Clarifying the use of “SELECTED” as a promotion status
in block 8. Enlisted personnel selected to commissioning
programs that would make them ineligible for the E7-E9 selection
boards (i.e., LDO/CWO in-service or Flying CWO programs) may use
the “SELECTED” promotion status. However, personnel selected to
other commissioning programs (Seaman to Admiral, Medical
Enlisted Commissioning program, and Medical Service Corps In-
Service Procurement program) remain eligible for the E7-E9
selection board and may not use this promotion status.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

hallissyc

MA1,

I, too, was PRO REC-Y on the most recent SWO OCS board. With regard to your question, you have been recommended and therefore not selected. Your evaluation should be unaffected and your billet subcategory will be Regular. The only thing I think this might affect (although it really shouldn't), is how your command ranks you amongst your other PO1's as you can absorb a P or MP without it adversely affecting you (due to your recent OCS selection). This, of course, depends on what you received last time, and based on your stats you broke out as #1 EP. If that is the case, you will still be that.

In short, your eval is not going to be a 1 of 1 "SELECTED", but will be a normally ranked "REGULAR" eval.

R/
CTTC Chris Hallissy

binoly

MA1,

I, too, was PRO REC-Y on the most recent SWO OCS board. With regard to your question, you have been recommended and therefore not selected. Your evaluation should be unaffected and your billet subcategory will be Regular. The only thing I think this might affect (although it really shouldn't), is how your command ranks you amongst your other PO1's as you can absorb a P or MP without it adversely affecting you (due to your recent OCS selection). This, of course, depends on what you received last time, and based on your stats you broke out as #1 EP. If that is the case, you will still be that.

In short, your eval is not going to be a 1 of 1 "SELECTED", but will be a normally ranked "REGULAR" eval.

R/
CTTC Chris Hallissy
Thanks for the info chief. Congrats on your selection as well!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A word of caution. As CTTC points out it is entirely possible that since you have been selected for OCS, your command may want to give the EP's to other E-6's (assuming you received an EP last time). I would hope that the leadership doesn't let this happen. You should receive the eval that you deserve, regardless of your selection status. You just never know what is going to happen before or during OCS.

exNavyOffRec

A word of caution. As CTTC points out it is entirely possible that since you have been selected for OCS, your command may want to give the EP's to other E-6's (assuming you received an EP last time). I would hope that the leadership doesn't let this happen. You should receive the eval that you deserve, regardless of your selection status. You just never know what is going to happen before or during OCS.

I second this, should you get an MP then something happen and you can't go to OCS you would be screwed.

binoly

So as it turns out, I did get selected for chief making this irrelevant. Thanks for the help and thoughts anyways guys!
So proud to finally get the "s"

VoodooNova

None
So as it turns out, I did get selected for chief making this irrelevant. Thanks for the help and thoughts anyways guys!
So proud to finally get the "s"

Congratulations! This must have been an exciting few weeks finding out about OCS and Chief.