• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Seeking advice on that first handgun or next weapon purchase? Ask AW!

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
LOL, hey, does anyone know of an indoor range around pcola?

Gitr

No indoor ranges that I've found. Been looking for a while. Santa Rosa Sporting Clays is good (Bit of a drive, but close to Milton), and there's a place in AL that's good (right down 10 to CR64).

Did you go through Jay's to get the P30?

Now you just have to exercise your 2nd amendment rights further and get a FL concealed carry permit.

fc2spyguy

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I went through Jay's, it was a little pricey, but they had what I wanted, so I was happy. Is the place in AL indoor?

Gitr

Nope, AL is outdoor. Has Pistol, Rifle, Trap, Skeet, and 5 Stand and is fairly priced. Jay's isn't bad but I agree, very pricey. Do not buy ammo there. Go to Wally World - Always.

fc2spyguy

pilot
Contributor
Nope, AL is outdoor. Has Pistol, Rifle, Trap, Skeet, and 5 Stand and is fairly priced. Jay's isn't bad but I agree, very pricey. Do not buy ammo there. Go to Wally World - Always.

What's the name of the range, wouldn't mind bringing my 20gauge w/ me and doing some shooting w/ it

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Now you've gone and done it. Beware. Guns are herd animals; they get lonely and need company in your safe . . .

My 2 guns in 2 months will attest to that.

Yeah, I went through Jay's, it was a little pricey, but they had what I wanted, so I was happy. Is the place in AL indoor?

I think he's talking about Styx River, which is about 20 min from the Blue Angel and I-10 (drove past it every day on the way to IFS). I shoot at Santa Rosa, if I stay here for primary I'll get a membership at ERML.

utak

Some of the employees at Jay's Guns told me that they opened a range where you can rent firearms and shoot. Does anyone have any gouge on how the range is?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Their website says they've got an indoor one in Baker and an outdoor on in Panama City

Flyboylance

New VR FTS select
pilot
I just got a SIG P226

A few months back I purchased a SIG P226 .40 S&W. It is a sweet gun, and I love shooting it.

Cams1215

i'm having trouble deciding between two .45s a springfield 1911 or a glock 21. Opinions on the two? I've never shot either, but have shot a glock 19 9mm. It was pretty good, but i like the look of the 1911, and have heard how well it shoots.

Bevo16

pilot
I picked up one of these a couple of weeks ago.

It's easily the best handgun I have ever fired.

Colt45ACP-1_800.jpg

Bevo16

pilot
Sorry about the image size fellas. I just thought you might want to see if there were any bacteria on this gun.

:eek:

utak

San Diego . . . they still ban hi-cap magazines over there?

Question for anyone who is a .40 cal fan. In the event I feel like upgrading to .40 in the near future (I want a rifle first! :icon_wink), I was debating of either Heckler and Koch P2000 or USP Compact. Anyone who is familiar with the two, what are the pros and cons of each one?