• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Seeking advice on that first handgun or next weapon purchase? Ask AW!

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Has anyone seen any decent prices on target practice .45 acp lately? Everything locally is either out of stock or ridiculously priced (more than a dollar a round....).

Definitely going online ammo shopping for the first time here.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Has anyone seen any decent prices on target practice .45 acp lately? Everything locally is either out of stock or ridiculously priced (more than a dollar a round....).

Definitely going online ammo shopping for the first time here.

No, and I haven't in a while. 9mm is so much cheaper that I haven't shot my .45 in about a decade or so, and have considered divesting in the caliber entirely.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
No, and I haven't in a while. 9mm is so much cheaper that I haven't shot my .45 in about a decade or so, and have considered divesting in the caliber entirely.

I'm left with only one .45, the squadron got custom Kimber 1911s with our patches and all on them. It's a nice piece, largely ceremonial. I just wish it were cheaper to shoot.

Feels wrong to own a gun that just sits in the closet with a lock on it forever and never gets used.

Perhaps I'll get a plaque to mount it on the wall.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I'm left with only one .45, the squadron got custom Kimber 1911s with our patches and all on them. It's a nice piece, largely ceremonial. I just wish it were cheaper to shoot.

Feels wrong to own a gun that just sits in the closet with a lock on it forever and never gets used.

Perhaps I'll get a plaque to mount it on the wall.
.45 ACP is a very easy and straightforward cartridge to reload. Perhaps an excellent entry into the world of reloading? The powders for .45 are the same type as shotgun, there are excellent choices of hard cast bullets from various manufacturers and primers are relatively easy to find now. A simple turret press would work just fine.

Purchase a case of excellent Norma 230gr ball as a way to build up your brass supply after you shoot it!

And scour your local outdoor ranges for .45 brass as well.

Just a suggestion.