• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

See How It Flies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JhwK08

Just to clarify, a plane does not need a positive angle of attack to maintain constant rectilinear flight.

Most wing airfoil shapes are designed so that even at zero AOA they still have a positive lift coefficient.

For example, a Cessna's wing (NACA 2412 airfoil) experiences zero left at -2.2 degrees AOA.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Just to clarify, a plane does not need a positive angle of attack to maintain constant rectilinear flight.

Most wing airfoil shapes are designed so that even at zero AOA they still have a positive lift coefficient.

For example, a Cessna's wing (NACA 2412 airfoil) experiences zero left at -2.2 degrees AOA.

Thank goodness for our flying midshipman!!!

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Who gives a shit about AOA? It's all displayed in arbitrary "units" anyway. Just know the numbers you need and hit the I Believe Button

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I used to hate the pilots with the button, they were the ones that almost got me killed at the boat, at night, in bad weather when shit wasn't happening according to plan.

*Had little to do with AOA though...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I used to hate the pilots with the button, they were the ones that almost got me killed at the boat, at night, in bad weather when shit wasn't happening according to plan.

*Had little to do with AOA though...

Huh? Paddles? As far as I recall, Paddles did nothing but save my ass at the boat, in bad weather or at night.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just to clarify, a plane does not need a positive angle of attack to maintain straight and level flight.
You've just used up your quarterly $5 word budget. Please submit paperwork through your chain of command for more funding, or else deign to use normal English so the rest of us can more easily understand you. :icon_tong

Status
Not open for further replies.