• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Security Clearance

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot
Sign my release for background check a couple days ago. Now waiting on clearance and FS papers. Anyone else in this part of the process? How long is the expected wait?

WEGL12

VT-28
Not completely sure but I believe they just have to open the background check. The biggest thing that holds it up is gaps in where you lived/errors in the paper work. Some people have to do interviews while others never hear about it again.

Pax

Repeating what I have read elsewhere on AW: the security clearance does not have to be completed, just opened, prior to you arriving at OCS (let alone receiving your letter).

And the length of time varies widely based upon the level of clearance required. Some individuals will have nearly all contacts and references personally interviewed and verified, which takes several weeks.

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
I'm having problems logging into NASIS and I was wondering if anyone could help me. When I try to log into NASIS to start the process for my background investigation I get this message:

"You do not have access to view the record and/or page selected.
If you believe this is an error please open a FootPrints ticket."

And when I look into the error I get this:

"HTTP Error 403.7 - Forbidden
The page you are attempting to access requires your browser to have a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) client certificate that the Web server recognizes."

Here are a list of solutions the site gives me:

"Contact the site administrator to obtain a valid client certificate for the Web site.
Try browsing to the page using HTTPS.
If you have a client certificate installed, check if it has expired or if the effective time has not been reached.
Verify that the root certificate is installed on the Web server."
Would I contact the site administrator or would my officer recruiter do that? I tried to log in with my mac and my step fathers pc and the same thing happened. I'm also prior enlisted and held a top secret clearance in the past, I'm not sure if that would affect my access to the site.

loui86dz

Your recruiter should have the access code you need to get in.
He gave me the access code and the username, and I'm able to log in but when I do get in it says that I don't have access to view the record. I'm not sure if he needs to change the settings on my account.

Pax

I had trouble logging in as well. If it hadn't finally worked after a third lockout the plan was to sit with my recruiter and fill it out (which would have taken forever).

loui86dz

I had trouble logging in as well. If it hadn't finally worked after a third lockout the plan was to sit with my recruiter and fill it out (which would have taken forever).

Yeah I get the feeling I might have to sit down with my recruiter. Did your recruiter ever tell you why you couldn't log in? My recruiter told me he's never had this happen to him before and doesn't understand what's going on.

loui86dz

I'm not sure if anyone else is having problems logging into the security clearance website but my recruiter received this message in an email:

"From: NRC Network Operations

To: All Hands

Subject: NASIS Outage Affecting Applicants

Issue: The last NASIS update v2.0.10.1 introduced a bug which is preventing applicants from logging into NASIS. Recruiting personnel are unaffected.

An emergency patch will be deployed into production as soon as possible.

Another email will be sent when the patch is ready for deployment."

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not sure if anyone else is having problems logging into the security clearance website but my recruiter received this message in an email:

Issue: The last NASIS update v2.0.10.1 introduced a bug which is preventing applicants from logging into NASIS. Recruiting personnel are unaffected.

Meh, makes me wonder if they're sharing the "Unaffordable HealthCare" system computer, their problems appear similar?:eek:
BzB

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot

There you have it

Coulanon

1 per diem, 2 per diem, 3 per diem, floor!

This is what I ended up having to do... A fun filled 4 hours with my processor.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
It is hit and miss with applicants using the NASIS system I have found. I ended up doing half of them myself due to computer issues. Ask your OR to email you a paper copy and fill that out, then set up a time to use his computer if possible to punch the info in. If you have all the info it doesn't take too long.