• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Security Clearance Question

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
I was pro-rec'd for supply at the end of February and got my PRT and MEPS done by the middle of March without any problems. The last step I have been waiting on is my security clearance. I seem to be having all kinds of problems getting this clearance.

First my paperwork got screwed up somehow, I was not filled in on the details, and had to be resubmitted. I thought I was set after this mistake was corrected, but then I got a phone call right before the office closed today. The call was from the dispatcher (I think), the person who files all the paperwork for the security clearance. She said my investigation had been "terminated." I asked her why that happened and she said she did not know.

I am going into the office tomorrow morning to sign more paperwork and get fingerprinted again. I do not have any idea what is going on anymore, can anyone shed some light on this situation for me please? I am positive there is nothing in my record that will hurt me. I was a nerd through high school and college; academic teams, chess club, honor societies, student government...etc.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I do not have any idea what is going on anymore, can anyone shed some light on this situation for me please? .

No. It's an opaque system for the most part, even after I've been subject to it for damn near 30 years. Resubmit and wait.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You're not the only one with issues. Try being a winged aviator, SERE complete without a final clearance... oh, wait....

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
It got screwed up the first time because either: you didn't fill out the information completely/correctly on the SF-86 (omitted an address or zip code possibly) or something got lost or sent off wrong and the investigation had to be resubmitted. Yes - the whole thing - just to correct one minor error.

Your investigation "timed out" in the system the second time - either you didn't complete a step within the 30-60 day window or your submitting office didn't. Now you have to go back and do your 3 signature sheets and redo your fingerprints to start your investigation.

It is a pain, but, on the positive side, your investigation hasn't even begun yet! So this has nothing to do with a black mark on your record, just paperwork slowdowns from your submitting office. This happens all the time and is normal. Just roll with the punches...

Hubble

Well man, if it makes you feel better the first time around I had to re-submit my paperwork twice - because they lost it TWICE.
And a word advice: Always make a paper copy - Never throw any of them away!

Ask me how I know... :)

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Well man, if it makes you feel better the first time around I had to re-submit my paperwork twice - because they lost it TWICE.
And a word advice: Always make a paper copy - Never throw any of them away!

Ask me how I know... :)

This idea seems to apply to pretty much any situation where you are relinquishing control of a piece of paper that matters to you. It's become an instinct. I can't hand anyone a piece of paper without first saying "could I use your copier please?"

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
It got screwed up the first time because either: you didn't fill out the information completely/correctly on the SF-86 (omitted an address or zip code possibly) or something got lost or sent off wrong and the investigation had to be resubmitted. Yes - the whole thing - just to correct one minor error.

Your investigation "timed out" in the system the second time - either you didn't complete a step within the 30-60 day window or your submitting office didn't. Now you have to go back and do your 3 signature sheets and redo your fingerprints to start your investigation.

It is a pain, but, on the positive side, your investigation hasn't even begun yet! So this has nothing to do with a black mark on your record, just paperwork slowdowns from your submitting office. This happens all the time and is normal. Just roll with the punches...
Thanks for outlining the process for me, I feel better about going into the office tomorrow. I know someone forget to put some information in my packet the first time. Guess I just have to fill out the paperwork again. Nice to know it probably does not have anything to do with my background.

acwildcat

pilot
lol I went through the exact same problems. I had to resubmit my pages 6 times before it finally went through. I was also pro recd in February and due to the hold up i got my final select this week. So don't worry you are not alone. Just keep filling them out and sending them and eventually it will work out

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
What ^^^ everyone else said. Just stuff lost in the paper shuffle. Don't worry. If you are denied a clearance they have to tell you. They don't have to tell you why, but they do have to tell you.

torpedo0126

On a side note, you can review what others have said about you, at least according to the guy who gave me my TS interview.

DaveI

lol I went through the exact same problems. I had to resubmit my pages 6 times before it finally went through. I was also pro recd in February and due to the hold up i got my final select this week. So don't worry you are not alone. Just keep filling them out and sending them and eventually it will work out

Same thing is happening to me know... I have submit the signature pages for a third time this week. For some reason the computer system has been refusing to "acknowledge" them and they are always listed under "pending"

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.

Sorry to threadjack.....but wildcat, do you know if your BDCP pays back to when you were pro rec, final select, or when? I've heard some say from pro rec, some have said the entire month when you were final select. Just interested as I'm waiting on my final select.

And to repeat most of what everyone else said, the federal government is notorious for losing paperwork in trail, so always make extra copies that can be easily forwarded to whomever. I've dealt with the FAA and TSA for the past 5+ years and they're terrible, but you would think the military would have a little more of it under wraps...hopefully I get to avoid the paperwork scramble this time around

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
And to repeat most of what everyone else said, the federal government is notorious for losing paperwork in trail, so always make extra copies that can be easily forwarded to whomever.

Best advice in this thread. Better yet, if you have a scanner scan those puppies in and keep extra copies on a thumb drive or online somewhere. The folder with your hard copies will get lost when you need them the most.

I had to do the EPSQ or whatever it is called three times. What a pain in the ass.