• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Security Clearance Overlap, Potential Issue

WannaFlyHigh

Hi everyone, I have a question relating to clearance that I could not find many answers on.

I only found one thread (link for context) with similar circumstances but not entirely the same.

Background:
  • Engineering student graduating in May with defense contractor job lined up for July start date.
  • Already have a DoD secret clearance from previous internships.
  • New job may require Top Secret upgrade. I can still work while investigation is on going and utilize my secret.
  • Submitted NASIS clearance papers for May 24th SNA/NFO board.

Concerns:
  • My research found that you cannot have two clearance investigations happening at the same time so one or the other must be stopped.
  • I have not told my future employer I applied to OCS, 1. Because I do not want them to rescind my offer if they feel I am too short term of an employee., 2. Because I have no idea when I would actually end up going to OCS if I were accepted so I need a job in the meantime.

Questions:
  • If my job starts the TS investigation before I receive a Pro-Rec from Navy, does that invalidate my NASIS stuff and in turn invalidate my application?
  • If Navy starts their investigation first, will my future job find out I have an on going investigation and request to stop it?
  • If I already have a secret, will the NASIS form just be used as an update and no full investigation needed?
  • Are there any others issues that can spur from this?

My recruiter is working on getting some answers for me but I have not heard back so was asking here if anyone had any experience in the same situation. Thanks in advance!

snake020

Contributor
Unless something has changes, SNA/SNFO should only require secret. If you already have an existing active secret clearance, so Navy should be able to leverage that, no need for a reinvestigation. Have your recruiter engage with the SSO to verify for sure, shouldn't take that long to look you up in the system.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Unless something has changes, SNA/SNFO should only require secret. If you already have an existing active secret clearance, so Navy should be able to leverage that, no need for a reinvestigation. Have your recruiter engage with the SSO to verify for sure, shouldn't take that long to look you up in the system.

As of three years ago, they were getting all NFOs TS due to the E2 upgrades and big wing platforms. They have started TS investigations for SNAs as well. In my squadron, I'm having to make sure all the secret people are undergoing the process for TS.

When I was going through, I had my secret clearance all through flight school and we started on the TS portion once we finished API and checked into the wing pool before starting primary. I'm assuming SNAs are doing something similar.