• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Security Clearance Expectations

BourneID

pilot
Whne they went to my parents house several years ago, my step mom turned them away because she didn't believe who they were, that was a funny scenario.

MasterBates

My mom went on a anti-bush/war rant the last time they came to her house.. They decided to talk to my dad at work instead. Not realizing that my mom was the office manager there. Hilarity ensued.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
I have been interviewed twice for friends and its way harmless.

The questions range from how well I knew them all the way to if my friends are the type easily manipulated. One friend had gotten a Drunk in public while in college so they asked me more drug/alcohol related questions in regards to him.

I remember specifically being asked about debt with both of them and whether it seemed that they ever suddenly came into a lot of money. They wanted to know how they paid for college and bills also.

blarged

ready
good thread, after reading this I went ahead and sent an email out to everyone who's name has been written down, just as a heads up. can't have them getting spooked and saying something stupid... hah

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Most of my friends that have known me from back home are the hippy/fear the govt/think X-files are real type..

Oh, that WILL be entertaining.

You don't think the X-files are real!!!!?????;)

That said, pick your friends (as in using for references) wisely; those who like who play practical jokes won't help you...."Oh yeah, MB, he really cleaned up after the Navy got ahold of him, he stopped around Elementary school playgrounds...to sell drugs that is...he still goes there, but just for dates now". "Oh yeah, gambling, no worries, he's a good gambler, he always wins....eventually, and he's got friends that loan him big bucks when he's down...hey, are you sure you're from the government? I mean you're not working for Big Eddy are you? MB said he'll have the cash after next portcall, he's meeting some dude from Austria I think..."

Circle K

pilot
If you are going aviation, you will probably need TS. But what you are cleared for and the clearance granted don't always match. In other words, they may do an SSBI (or whatever they call it now) which can get you up to TS/SCI, but you won't get a TS/SCI until you need it. In flight school, you will get Secret if you get anything at all. Then depending on your community, you get your final. Has a lot to do with what you fly, where you fly, do you strike plan, etc etc etc.

Definately agree with this one, but to add on, be very careful what you wish for. TS/SCI (or the SSBI if you want to be technical) sounds great, but if you find yourself in a community where it is not required you have just placed a very large IA(GSA) target squarely on your back. Lots of those "planning" jobs require TS and if you already have the investigation done, you are a great fill. The SSBI takes anywhere from 4-12 months to complete and "the man" really doesn't want to leave it up to chance whether you'll get one while you start the training to go in country. Get one when you need one, otherwise stay far far away, at least until you are looking to get out and get a great contractor job.

MasterBates

I made it thru a full JO tour in HSL with just a Secret..

I have to get the background for TS-SCI for something the E2 community needs it for. That, and I was due for a 7 year review anyways. Of course, if I end up in CODs, it probably would be a non-issue.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I made it thru a full JO tour in HSL with just a Secret..

I have to get the background for TS-SCI for something the E2 community needs it for. That, and I was due for a 7 year review anyways. Of course, if I end up in CODs, it probably would be a non-issue.

not so fast fuzzy britches! COD guys have TS/SCI (SSBI) clearances too!

MasterBates

There is a guy at CNATRA that wnet COD because he could not get a TS/SCI because he married some russian chick..

Did he get a special waiver or some shat?

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have no idea. The idea of a TS/SCI for COD's seems pretty stupid, until you see some of the stuff that we do for planning purposes. As for actual TS stuff, very very limited. You could probably do just fine without it.