• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Securing a NIOBC Seat as a Reservist

StayingHydrated

Warriors,

Securing a NIOBC* seat as a reservist is hard to come by, with most courses offering just 2 seats and a handful offering 3 seats for reservists. I have significant scheduling flexibility from January - August 2025 and really want to secure a seat for the military experience and extended learning.

Knowing full well the odds are already stacked against me to get a seat, what additional steps can I take to raise my odds, however incremental, of securing a seat? Roughly how good of a shot would I have with your recommended added steps? CANTRAC shows there are 3 NIOBC classes that currently overlap with my Jan - August availability in 2025, so I will be trying to secure a seat at any one of those.

V/R,
StayingHydrated

*NIOBC is the 6-month training with ADs that fulfills the requirement we'd otherwise complete as 1835s via the RNIOBC Phase 1 + RNIOBC Phase 2 path.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Warriors,

Securing a NIOBC* seat as a reservist is hard to come by, with most courses offering just 2 seats and a handful offering 3 seats for reservists. I have significant scheduling flexibility from January - August 2025 and really want to secure a seat for the military experience and extended learning.

Knowing full well the odds are already stacked against me to get a seat, what additional steps can I take to raise my odds, however incremental, of securing a seat? Roughly how good of a shot would I have with your recommended added steps? CANTRAC shows there are 3 NIOBC classes that currently overlap with my Jan - August availability in 2025, so I will be trying to secure a seat at any one of those.

V/R,
StayingHydrated

*NIOBC is the 6-month training with ADs that fulfills the requirement we'd otherwise complete as 1835s via the RNIOBC Phase 1 + RNIOBC Phase 2 path.
From my experience, most schedulers are little old ladies in tennis shoes. So if you could find out who that was, call her, and discuss how you want to be put on the standby waiting list, might actually get you into the class. Maybe be persistent and call often. And by all mean, if that person does help you get into a class, take care of that person on the backside with a personal gift (Flowers, live plant, etc).

StayingHydrated

From my experience, most schedulers are little old ladies in tennis shoes. So if you could find out who that was, call her, and discuss how you want to be put on the standby waiting list, might actually get you into the class. Maybe be persistent and call often. And by all mean, if that person does help you get into a class, take care of that person on the backside with a personal gift (Flowers, live plant, etc).
@ea6bflyr What paths might one take to find these magical creatures in tennis shoes? I'll work to track down a phone number via the NETC East email I reached out to. I'll also scan the web for any phone numbers linked to NETC East and give them a call. Any other tactics you'd advise I use?