• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Second thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
I'll jump on the bandwagon and emphasize that in accepting this slot, you may have ruined the dream of the guy you barely edged out for that slot and countless others. Sure the money for college is nice but don't ever do anything for the money, it's a recipe for unhappiness and failure. There's got to be a desire to serve a cause greater than yourself and you clearly don't got it. Do your time as an enlisted and get out. By throwing another person's dreams away, you deserve to swab decks for the sailors and Marines that really do this country's bidding.

X1...Says it all for me!

blarged

ready
I'll have to reread this thread right before heading out to OCS.

A little extra motivation ... haha

During my application process I had a few moments of deep deliberation where I contemplated my potential Navy career. I'm sure everyone has. Those moments always ended with remembering what I will be gaining from the experience compared to what I would be losing without the experience. Sure it will suck to be away from family and friends, but really, it is just a few years. The pride that I know I will feel with being a Naval Officer and the experiences that I will gain from being in the Navy and more specifically the IW community ... well, graduation can't come soon enough!

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Don't give up over some second thought BS. I have a couple of close friends that are in their 30's. Both wanted to become officers in the military when they were my age. One didn’t get accepted SNA after a couple of tries and the other was accepted but pulled out over some second thoughts before he signed. I have seen the look in their eyes every time it is brought up that I am leaving for OCS soon. That look like they really wish they were in my shoes again.

I have never had a talk with someone who was a naval aviator that regretted their commitment. Sure they have had hard times and doubts along the way, but the only ones with regrets are the guys who didn't go; the ones who lived a normal civilian life. Do you want to live a normal life or an exceptional one as an officer in the most capable military in the world? You only get one shot at your life, make it count.

I hope you feel the tingle as your balls slowly re-grow while you suffer through this entire thread and remember the reasons why you signed up in the first place. I know it has confirmed my desires to kick some ass in OCS. Maybe it can re-confirm yours.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
1. I NEVER want to be in this situation again NOR do I want to work any type of "desk job."

Lots of "desk jobs" in the military, especially for officers, and aviators. Don't let the cool factor fool you, you will write fitreps and training schedules and.....

but back to the thread. My contribution: Dudes a douche nozzle. that is all.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
This thread just made me twice as excited to get started. These are the people I'm going to be working with? Fuck yeah.

The challenge and hardships are what lead to pride and a sense of accomplishment.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Lots of "desk jobs" in the military, especially for officers, and aviators. Don't let the cool factor fool you, you will write fitreps and training schedules and.....

but back to the thread. My contribution: Dudes a douche nozzle. that is all.

Oh trust me I know that....I only meant that whatever I'll be doing as a Naval Officer will guaranteed trump what I was doing at my previous job as a civilian, staring at computer screens all day, or tracing electronic diagram. I have no idea what a fitrep is, but its gotta be better than writing a systems engineering report. :icon_tong

CAMike

None
Contributor
The OP's name is a crank call phone number. Likely a crankk post and we all bit- including me. I posted a private message to him.
icon8.gif

Here's the link that explains this.

http://www.callferret.com/481-516-2342.html

Status
Not open for further replies.