• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Second thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUDU

You're missing the point of all the posts in this thread. There IS NO WAY OUT. He either has to serve his contract, or go enlisted as per the contract.

If he fails to meet the minimum GPA or any of the other contract criteria agreed upon, he goes enlisted. Not out. Enlisted.

Oh I know. I was just speculating as to why.

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
Anybody want to do an over/under as to how long the mod squad will let this thread drag on?

perhaps a slip below 2.7 may loom on the horizon and he wants out before he has to go enlisted?

You're missing the point of all the posts in this thread.

Otto, I think BUDU is merely speculating as to a motive, not trying to give the OP false hopes or a way out. We all know he put pen to paper, and all of us have limited if any sympathy.

Edit: BUDU beat me to it...

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You can only run over a guy so many times. I mean backing up over him sure, you already ran over him. No sense in going around, but after the 2nd or 3rd time, the crunching is barely audible, probably because he already has tread marks on him.

MasterBates

I had to do a bit of thinking before I signed on the line for BDCP. 8 years seems like an eternity when you are 21. 9 years later, I'm here, flown helos, jets, and turboprops and have had a raging good time. I just signed up for 5 more years. (and the oh so nice bonus :D )

In that time I have:
Been to memorials/funerals for friends killed in the line of duty
Married
Divorced
Moved 7 times
Missed numerous weddings, funerals and births.
Took a helicopter on a "tour" of the south, with just another student.
Shot missles and blown crap up
Deployed to the Gulf
Been on the ground in Iraq
Been many cool places in Europe/Med
Went on a 8 week Govt Funded Drinking/Pillaging expedition known as BALTOPS
Flew SAR in New Orleans after Katrina
Landed a jet on an aircraft carrier
Took a cat shot off said boat
Landed a helo on a FFG in seas so rough I was getting sick just watching the boat.
Joined up into a 4-plane formation just as the sun is coming up over South Tejas, SOLO

And I would do it all again in a heartbeat (except the married part, I would like a do-over on that).

My opinion-

1- Some chick got under your skin about this, either Mom guilting you, some hot bitch saying she'd never sleep with a Military man, or maybe a GF/Fiancee pressuring you to quit "for them"..

Fuck them, man the fuck up and hold up your CONTRACT AND OATH. And enjoy the fuck out of what you will be doing. Even OCS was fun looking back on it.. Sadistic, twisted fun, but I stll had fun there.

2-Or you are just a greedy, no good asshat who likes the IDEA of being a Naval Aviator, and the BDCP money, but can't put his ass on the line because of a lack of testicular fortitude.

Man up, or blow your boyfriend in front of your recruiter. You will be poison in whatever division you go to as an Enlisted Sailor, because you will be THAT guy who will cry "I coulda been a pilot but I got fucked".. I had one on my last boat. He DOR'd first day of OCS.. But at least he MADE it there.

In the words of Fitzy, Go Fuck Yourself!

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
As I am still in the process trying to get accepted into the Navy, I haven't earned the right to be as salty/angry as a lot of the guys on here...but man I can't wait til that day comes...so here is my flame-free advice:

You promised the country 8 years - give it to them. Few people have the chance to spend 8 years so well. In the meantime, read some of the stories on AW about the amazing experiences had by pilots (many have already given you some pretty strong words above). Hell, it looks like MasterBates has done more before 30 than any civilian does in a lifetime (except for maybe Steve McQueen). Get yourself pumped up again and find the excitement that led you to apply in the first place.

jhawley

Bottom line: There are pools and pools of people just hoping to even get looked at in the monthly boards. You got in, you are privileged in that way, why would you ever give it up? I, also being a SNA BDCP select, realize that and would never drop out, nor would I even think of it just because of the fact that I will be flying state of the art airplanes for the most powerful military in the world. Can I get an amen to that?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Okay, I am gonna call shenanigans on this douche...
First, his "Name" (4815162342) is the "Lost" number...so he is a douchebag just for watching the show...
Second, he refuses to get back on here and participate in the flame-fest. Anyone who TRULY wanted to fuck up their life this much wouldn't run away from a few irate comments (like the one I am fixin' to generate)

Third: Why the fuck would you base a decision that wll affect you for the rest of your life on the opinions of a bunch of guys you don't know on the internet? Really?

Here is my suggestion...Use up that BDCP money, have fun in college...wake up at 3 in the morning every night scared about how "hard" the military will be...
Go to OCS...have "fun"...DOR...sit in H-Company for 6 months...go to Boot...be bored for 9 weeks, go undesignated and be "that guy"...you know the one that enlisted with a degree, and when everyone asks why you aren't an officer explain you were too much of a pussy to make it 3 months in a program that is only hard for 5 weeks...then enjoy taking orders from the guy that uses "irregardless" and "supposebly" in the same sentence while you chock and chain for all of the guys on here (well, the Haze-Gray guys anyway)...enjoy waking up at 3 in the morning on the carrier when that cat goes off above your head and think about all of the per-diem, pay, privilege, and respect you gave up because you couldn't honor a contract...when you are doing that, just keep thinking to yourself "I coulda been a P-3 pilot, but now I clean shitters"...

Or you could just blow your boyfriend in front of the DI on wakeup wednesday...that works too...

Loser

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK, someone called me out so I'll post, even though I have very little new to say. You wanted advice and insight, you got it. From where I sit as someone very familiar with the recruiting business and long ago fleet type with some perspective on my service and just a little wisdom of the world, everything posted here is spot on. And I mean the insults too. I don't know what made you change your mind. Clearly the military is not for everyone. But at some point you thought it a good idea. I suggest you do more research, really read through Air Warriors, read Perspectives, The Naval Institute Journal, take a look at Hook magazine the publication of The Tailhook Organization. You need to find out exactly what awaits you. Almost everyone has lamented a move, or suck orders, or a child's birth while away. And very very few would not do it all over again. Because on balance the experience can not be beat. If you didn't know all this going into BDCP you were stupid, immature, or unrealistic. Do your due diligence now and you may find that you are basing your concerns on all the wrong reasons. What the hell do you know about the real Navy anyway??? You want out of BDCP and are willing to do so without the research you should have given it in the beginning. What a fool. Consider this, the flames and even some of the insults come from those of us that feel pride and accomplishment in what we have done. The harshest comments are from those that already sense they don't want you in our exclusive fraternity. Maybe you should be wondering just what is so great about this opportunity that everyone here is protective of it and proud of their part in it?

Talk to your recruiter. It will not make things worse in the least. He may be able to answer your questions. You need to educate yourself about your concerns. You don't know what you are talking about. He can help.

If you still want to minimize your time in then try to re-designate to something with a four year commitment.

If you simply can't stand the thought of having the BDCP yoke around your shoulders or serving 8 years, then pull that yellow and black handle and punch out now. They can ship you enlisted in as little as a few days if you want. Two years later you are done with the Navy and will, I promise, regret what you did before you reach the age of 35, if not the first day you spend cleaning heads on the ship.

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)
There is an option I swear I remember my OR explaining to me the other day. what was it, oh yes, Fraud. I distinctly recall them saying something about if you did your oath and all this Fraudulantly then they could send you to a wonderful place called Levonworth, but I beleive that may be your option for getting out of Enlisting as well. As a person who has already put as much effort as I have, who is leaving his wife for 3 months for training, and is prepared to give his life for his country I can honestly say do not go to OCS. I wouldn't want to serve next to you and although I beleive that you should serve what you owe as an enlisted that you lack the honor and integrity and would not be a fit seaman. You were given the opportunity of a life time, but you have shown your true colors. I say take your talk to your recruiter and may the Navy have mercy on you. :icon_rage

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I recently swore into the BDCP program under the SNA program. I thought the program would be good for me because I could use the money for school and follow in the foot steps of family members that served in the military. Now 7 months into the program I have had time to think about what my future holds after I graduate college. I have realized that I truly do not want to be in the Navy due to the extensive traveling and overall rigorous military life.

Read this thread in it's entirety. You can't experience a life worth living without living rigorously or experiencing new and different things (travel).

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13094

J-Har

Unbelievable

It pisses me off that while I can no longer accept my pro-rec for aviation because I wore orthodics while I played sports in highschool and therefore am "not physically fit" for any URL position, you have the f*cking opportunity to do one of the best damn jobs in the world and you are nothing other than too scared to do it.

Hell, there are people who are doing everything and anything they possibly can to have the honor to serve in any capacity and you are throwing a career in Naval Aviation away because you "cant handle" the life style.

Some of us would kill to be in your position.

jtmedli

pilot
It pisses me off that while I can no longer accept my pro-rec for aviation because I wore orthodics while I played sports in highschool and therefore am "not physically fit" for any URL position, you have the f*cking opportunity to do one of the best damn jobs in the world and you are nothing other than too scared to do it.

Hell, there are people who are doing everything and anything they possibly can to have the honor to serve in any capacity and you are throwing a career in Naval Aviation away because you "cant handle" the life style.

Some of us would kill to be in your position.

Dude, that's BS....fight that and get that crap waivered or completely dismissed. That's a ridiculous reason to not be accepted. Probably just caught that doc on a bad day or something.

phrogpilot73

You're representing naval aviators very well...
Shut the fuck up.

Don't tell us how to act. Years of trials, tribulations, hardship, and amazing memories have lead all of us to a brotherhood that you'll never be a part of. I'm with all the others here when I say that you're a fucking pussy quitter.

Don't bother blowing your boyfriend in front of your recruiter. It doesn't rise to the level of pussy-quitter that you really are. Bend over, grab your ankles, and let your more-of-a-man than you boyfriend pound your little limp-wristed pussy-quitter ass - prison style - like the bitch you are.

Is that representing a Naval Aviator very well? How would you know? You certainly don't have the balls to be one, so you should slink off to the corner like the little pussy you are, and shut the fuck up.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
I'll jump on the bandwagon and emphasize that in accepting this slot, you may have ruined the dream of the guy you barely edged out for that slot and countless others. Sure the money for college is nice but don't ever do anything for the money, it's a recipe for unhappiness and failure. There's got to be a desire to serve a cause greater than yourself and you clearly don't got it. Do your time as an enlisted and get out. By throwing another person's dreams away, you deserve to swab decks for the sailors and Marines that really do this country's bidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.