• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Second Chance

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I have just been given a second chance to receive an appointment to the academy. For those unfamiliar with my story, go HERE. I was called up by my congressman's aide responsible for nominations and he asked me if I was still interested, as he had a file on me but had never heard from me. I told him I had never made any contact because the Academy had rejected my application. He asked me why and asked me some questions about my GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and extracurriculars. He said that I sounded like an excellent candidate and he asked if I would be interested in taking another shot at the USNA. I answered "HELL YES!!" more or less:D. So I went down and filled out some paperwork and gave him my transcripts and whatnot and said he would send in my nomination next week.
So, if everything works out, it looks like I might be living out my dream. I'm glad I have people willing to go to bat for me. Wish me luck!:) :) :) :)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Read your earlier posts...has anything changed since you first applied?

r/
G

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
AllAmerican,

Good luck and I hope everything works out for ya. Let us know what happens.

Cheers, Bubba

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Schnugg said:
Read your earlier posts...has anything changed since you first applied?

r/
G

I took the ACT and got decent scores, and I have also been working hard to raise my grades(for the first time in my life I got straight A's), but he also asked me about my involvement in Civil Air Patrol and Football, and I think that's what really sealed the deal. He thought I was an outstanding candidate even though I only have a 3.1 GPA and a 1220 on my SAT.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Yeah I had a 1240, I think. But All American, what about the new SAT? Didn't you have to take that? Why are you posting old scores (/1600) as opposed to new ones (/2400, right?)

Or is that the new one, just that new section discounted? Not sure if Navy looks at that; they didn't make me or the other Foundation take it again.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
They are not lloking at the new writing section for admissions this year. I believe they are still asking about the writing portion to establish a baseline though. Like most colleges, they still only care about the math and reading/verbal scores. Did anyone take the SAT twice and do worse the second time around? That happened to me, which struck me as weird since it seems that most people do better the second time.

Cougar_62

Just another frustrated observer.
Excellent Andrew, I was hoping you weren't dead in the water (no Navy Pun inteneded.) Keep us posted.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
HJust heard back from the Academy. Apparently, just from looking at my academics, they don't think I am a decent candidate, but they are requesting a transcript and I am also going to send them my resume, and they will reconsider. I am hoping that having received my Gen. Billy Mitchell Award will help me through.