• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SEAL/SPECWAR questions

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm lost here. Why would an officer be eating on the mess decks on a small boy unless they're doing a meal review? That's usually frowned upon.

When...

1) There's some boring meeting that goes on too long in the wardroom and O's need to eat to make it to their next evolution (watch, meeting, etc).
2) When certain portions of leadership are eating in the wardroom and their company isn't appreciated.
3) Meal evals (like you said), which happen daily at each meal.

snake020

Contributor
When...

1) There's some boring meeting that goes on too long in the wardroom and O's need to eat to make it to their next evolution (watch, meeting, etc).
2) When certain portions of leadership are eating in the wardroom and their company isn't appreciated.

Ah ok. I guess I didn't experience substandard command climate in that regard.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
When...

3) Meal evals (like you said), which happen daily at each meal.
Ah ok. I guess I didn't experience substandard command climate in that regard.

Also week night or weekend duty sections.

thosefreakinATs

insert witty comment here
pilot
To the OP. Dude, OCS is an absolute cake walk for you guys. The junior class when i was a candio had 4 frogmen, 1 of which was a bud/s instructor as well. They had a blast. The PT is straight forward, the evolutions are simple, and you get alot of time to yourself. I never saw any RDC or DI treat guys with tridents any different than any other candidate. Very fair and unbiased, but you WILL be expected to lead. Its kind of a tradition there for us priors to look after the guys fresh off the street.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
To the OP. Dude, OCS is an absolute cake walk for you guys. The junior class when i was a candio had 4 frogmen, 1 of which was a bud/s instructor as well. They had a blast. The PT is straight forward, the evolutions are simple, and you get alot of time to yourself. I never saw any RDC or DI treat guys with tridents any different than any other candidate. Very fair and unbiased, but you WILL be expected to lead. Its kind of a tradition there for us priors to look after the guys fresh off the street.

When I was there, the class we Candio'd and did Indoc for had 2 SEALs and 2 EOD bubbas. The DI and RDC turned to the EODC and SOC guys and handed them the keys to make sure their companies were up and ready for PT in the morning and to handle some smaller other things like getting the company/class to chow or class on time. They didn't even try to RPT the SEALs or play fuck-fuck games with them. Those dudes were squared away, too. Great leaders all around.