• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Screw'd?

XeroCool

So Here I am, waiting to hear back from the board to see if I am Prorec'd. Basically all that I have left to do is a physical and the PRT for the Navy. So my basic question is if I don't get all of my events(Push-ups,Sit-ups,Run,Swim) within the required time/amount am I automatically rejected? I ask this because of right now I can easily do 80 sit-ups, run 1.5 miles under 10 mins and my 500 yard swim was around 6 minutes. My push ups, however, are terrible I think I would be lucky if I could hit 45-50 push ups. I have been trying to drop down and do them as many times as possible during the day and I even started doing pull ups to help cross train. So, I guess my question is, is there any hope for me?
~X

Kycntryboy

pilot
As long as you get above the mins for pushups you'll be alright, your other two are pretty good. Just think about this when your doing your pushups, your potential career rides on you doing X amount of pushups, if that doesn't motivate you through the pain I don't know wtf will. Good luck.
Clay

nugget81

pilot
Practice, practice, practice....

And don't do the PRT until you know that you'll pass....

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
RichardDelk said:
As long as you can hit good low in all categories, you're good to go. 47 pushups should be good low for you.

It was fine for me when I applied!

I think my package PRT was something like 54 pushups, 85 situps, and I did the run in like 11:45 or something equally lame.

But I got selected.

MasterBates

Damn,

I did the PRT with NRD New England, I ran 12:10/25:10 (1.5/3), 56 pushups, 67 situps. My run was a bit slow, but I did not sweat it that much. I don't know if the 3 minute time went in my package (I had a good recruiter, did EVERYTHING, all I did was find references, and write a letter) but they said I was a tad slow, but it looked good that my time barely fell off the pace for 3 miles.

I am one of those runners who is not fast, but can hold a decent pace over a longer distance.

I can hold an 8/mile pace over 3-5 miles depending on the WX, but if I try to kick it up past 7:30/mile, I die at 1-1.25 miles. ???

XeroCool

haha same for me master, my 2 mile pace is the exact same for my 4 and 6 mile.

Thanks all for giving me a bit o' relief