• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scooters Forever (A-4 Skyhawk Tribute Thread)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...This was the only air-to-air kill by a Skyhawk during the Vietnam War, or so the web page says...

That would be correct, from what I remember of the account I read he found himself behind the MiG while attacking the airfiled and fired Zunis until one hit. The A-1 has the A-4 beat though with two kills recorded during the Vietnam War.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That would be correct, from what I remember of the account I read he found himself behind the MiG while attacking the airfiled and fired Zunis until one hit. The A-1 has the A-4 beat though with two kills recorded during the Vietnam War.
LCDR Ted "T. R." Swartz (top of ladder), greeting open house visitors at the USS MIDWAY Museum's replica of his "MIG-killing" A-4C Skyhawk NP 685. The Open House was held on Memorial Day weekend, 2013.:)
'T.R.' & Skyhawk Exhibit.JPG
1-Swqrtz.png
BzB

Last edited:

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
aircraft-weapons-loaded-920-22.jpg
That flightline looks familiar...Kuwait City International Airport Air Force ramp? Did a Det there in 92

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
It's good to see L/Cpl Foote stayed in aviation * disclaimer, Don't try this stunt nowadays new guys *

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's good to see L/Cpl Foote stayed in aviation * disclaimer, Don't try this stunt nowadays new guys *
So according to the NAMI bureaucracy, he was unfit to fly, yet he was somehow able to have a successful career as a civilian test pilot, I assume without endangering anybody due to any medical issues.

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

brownshoe

Contributor

Somehow I don't think this photographer was totally focused on the A4's attributes when he shot this video. ;) (BzB, Ron... your signal is Buster!)

Edit: You'll have to view on YouTube.

Last edited: