• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Saving (or using) Leave

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Hence the word "Caveats" (ca·ve·at n. a. A warning or caution) vice facts (fact n. 1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: 2.
a. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed )

No need to write a point paper when posting on all the possible options but it did correctly sum up the leave policy with one error....but I will in future ;)

Sorry I was incorrect on the carryover of SLA from two fiscal years to 4 now post combat zone. Understandment vice over statement.

Officers can't sell leave back SLA. And since the person asking that question wasn't asking about the EOS situation and was in a student status (asking for info prior to the fleet), I don't think he falls under the EOS give back....which is why no mention was made.

Foiled again!!! Damn you caveat..you are my nemesis!

My bad bolterking...upon a more thorough reading I was wrong.

Keep your head down.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I recently had to give a brief to my company on leave and on pay so I had to go to the Academy's Supp-O in the Disbursing Office to learn about leave and pay, and from what I understand, officers can sell back leave 2x in their career. Am I mistaken?

I recently had to give a brief to my company on leave and on pay so I had to go to the Academy's Supp-O in the Disbursing Office to learn about leave and pay, and from what I understand, officers can sell back leave 2x in their career. Am I mistaken?

As far as I know (and it isn't much ;)) I just talked with my AO and PSD, and here is the skinny on what they told me....

"Enlisted troops can sell back leave when they re-enlist or when they leave the military with an honorable discharge. Officers can sell back leave only when separating from the military under honorable conditions. Troops can sell back only 60 days of leave over the span of their career. For each day of leave you have saved, you can sell it back for one day's base pay (taxable)...and you don't have to do all 60 at once but max is 60 over a career."

That's from the horses mouth in PSD.

Now I will caveat that with that is what Navy PSD/AO have told me. I am not sure if it differs for other branches of service (I don't thinki it would but I can't confirm that)