• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Saving money on deployment

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
I know that Cingular will suspend my account while I'm on cruise if I fax them a statement of service... Dish Network will place your account on hold for $5 a month. Any other deals like this available to anyone's knowledge?

sarnav

Sprint will do it with proof of deployment or such. Also (someone else may know the exact terms/conditions) but I think they can lower your interest rate on everything from credit cards to school loans. Most companies offer something, they may not come right out with it but if you dig you can find a deal.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
don't forget about your car insurance....let them know that you or anyone else WON'T be driving your vehicle while you're gone. You can also probably get an additional discount if your vehicle is locked in one of those big parking lots they set aside for deployers.

Steve Wilkins said:
don't forget about your car insurance....let them know that you or anyone else WON'T be driving your vehicle while you're gone. You can also probably get an additional discount if your vehicle is locked in one of those big parking lots they set aside for deployers.
Defenitely do this! I worked at Geico and you are able to drop everything but comp and collision (if you have a lien and need it) if you or anyone else will not be driving the vehicle. If you have a lien, like Steve said, there are usually parking lots available on base, and then you could drop collision, just confirm with your lienholder. Also, Geico offers a discount if you are deploying to a certain zone (war, etc.) for more than 6 months. I am sure other carriers offer similar stuff.