• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SAS whacks Pakistani Officer

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Given that the sources are Afghan officials, I would not consider the story completely reliable. Very interesting, and possibly true, but many 'Afghan officials' are often note too far removed from the Taliban themselves. And Afghanistan is not exactly on friendly terms with Pakistan right now either, so it could be a ploy. Great post, gives some good insight on how complex things are there, true or not.

Zissou

Banned
Very complex.

This dude was carrying an ID. That makes me incredibly skeptical that he was in anyway working WITH the Taliban. I would be more likely to believe he was doing the "go between" thing which is so common there.

"Battling" the Taliban may look more and more like dialogue in the near future and the Pakistani govt has been at it for a long time.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Actually, it was a Chinaman, err...Asian American that pissed on said rug....
Nice marmot.

nihilists.jpg

Dingobat

Guess she don't like the Cornbread either...
This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous. Lotta strands in old Duder's head.

This dude was carrying an ID. That makes me incredibly skeptical that he was in anyway working WITH the Taliban. I would be more likely to believe he was doing the "go between" thing which is so common there.

"Battling" the Taliban may look more and more like dialogue in the near future and the Pakistani govt has been at it for a long time.
Fixed

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Don't we already have a thread for this non-sense?

And I am COMPLETELY kidding ... any thread that falls apart into endless quoting of The Big Lebowski is just fine in my book! :D :D :D

Far out man ...