• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

San Francisco Fleet Week Oct 2011 Photos

CAMike

None
Contributor
I made a day trip to SF for the Fleet Week Air Show on Saturday and took some pics for those interested in photography. A couple of sample shots are below. Looking forward to Lemoore October 15th 2011. Jack Stones Barn after Saturday's show as well. Say hi if you see the Hitchhiker trailer. Plenty of rum inside.

In fact- At Jack Stone's Barn I'll have the 72 inch wide Remote Controlled Airplane flying if we can get a decent LSO to make the verbal approach calls. I'll take the controls if our greenbags stumble bad enough on final. Hopefully someone brings a video camera to post the AW stick prowess. Mock PNAEB's will be held after sunset Saturday for those that warrant such ridicule. This is going to be fun. Yeah I know it will crash a couple of times...it's only money right?

Enjoy!BA HSP Round Vapor 8x12_MG_4469.jpgBlues 4 8x12 10-8-11.jpgCVN 70 8x12_MG_4129.jpgFA18 HSP5 8x12 10-8-11.jpgVFA122 Over Golden Gate 8x12 10-8-11.jpg

CAMike

None
Contributor
Even the 15 back seaters say "howdy" to the progressives in SF. (You know how it is there, the back seater drives when flying within the SF TRSA.) When in Rome...

howdysfmg4655.jpg

Davis

Air Force Kid in a Navy Forum... Death Wish?
I enjoyed this shot I snapped.

Attachments

• IMG_1203.JPG
    IMG_1203.JPG
    585.9 KB · Views: 42

CAMike

None
Contributor
Davis- What tourist ship were you on? and Did you go Lemoore the following week?

Davis

Air Force Kid in a Navy Forum... Death Wish?
I wasn't on any ship (I wish I was!). Do you know where the box seats are? From there, you can see this piece of land jets out. It's part of a yacht club, I believe. I paid $35 for box seats with my friend on Saturday, then saw that and thought "Hmm...I bet that's private property or you have to pay...?" but we went and checked it out anyway. No fee and no restricted access. Great viewing area - check it out next year if you can. It's not show center, but it isn't too far from it and the only thing blocking you from the show (and the infamous sneak pass) are the boats. If you're interested in seeing more pictures, you can look on my Facebook album here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1400220245228.2052694.1223954391&type=3 They're not all from Fleet Week. Fleet Week pics start about 2/3 down the page with the V-22 pictures.

I wasn't able to go to Lemoore. I wish I could've. I've been there for a tour and a shot on the F-18 sim. Was really awesome to fly that thing and see hundreds of jets on the tarmac. Did you get to Lemoore?