• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

San Diego - Wednesday 6/27

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Anyone in the S.D. area want to grab a beer on me in exchange for some sea stories? Or just want to show a BDCP'er around your squadron? I am heading to 3rd Fleet HQ around noon, but will be free before/after. Send me a PM. Mods if this isn't ok, feel free to delete (either way, I guess by tomorrow night it might as well be deleted anyways).

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You missed me by a week. I just spent a month in Sand Dog. Listening to the waves at the Sub Base BOQ.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4s, you really gonna be in town?
A4s and I were both @ Boom's on Wednesday...but it was a Wednesday of another lifetime.

They tore Boom's (best JO club in SAN) down over a decade ago. :(
And Bully's is a mere shadow of its former self.

[He did say "1971", didn't he? That's OK. Reading comprehension wasn't my forté, either. :D]

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4s and I were both @ Boom's on Wednesday...but it was a Wednesday of another lifetime.

They tore Boom's (best JO club in SAN) down over a decade ago. :(
And Bully's is a mere shadow of its former self.

[He did say "1971", didn't he? That's OK. Reading comprehension wasn't my forté, either. :D]

Hey now, just because you have old (ie, 1971) memories doesn't mean you can't visit for ol' times sake.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey now, just because you have old (ie, 1971) memories doesn't mean you can't visit for ol' times sake.
Very true. But Boom's is a parking lot now and I'm out of town. Maybe next time. :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Very true. But Boom's is a parking lot now and I'm out of town. Maybe next time. :)
1971 .... I still have a Boom's T-shirt. Believe it.

It's a little "tight" now, however ... it must have shrunk over the years. Too much washing ... ??? :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Just remembered:

Another "Boom's"
plus (Boom's = a.k.a. Boom Trenchard's Flare Path) .... you could sit at the bar and listen to the tower radio freq's @ Lindberg Field through headphones sited every 3-4 feet along the bar --- with a panoramic view of the field and Pt. Loma in the background with the sun setting over it. One of the few places you could "be in the cockpit" and "get your buzz" .... legally.

Priceless. :)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just remembered:

Another "Boom's"
plus (Boom's = a.k.a. Boom Trenchard's Flare Path) .... you could sit at the bar and listen to the tower radio freq's @ Lindberg Field through headphones sited every 3-4 feet along the bar --- with a panoramic view of the field and Pt. Loma in the background with the sun setting over it. One of the few places you could "be in the cockpit" and "get your buzz" .... legally.

Priceless. :)

I try to hit the Proud Bird at LAX when in town. great static displays of WWI/WWII aircraft and a few jets even though some are Hollywood "extras". Steaks aren't bad either.

pic3.jpg

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
I missed both you and Schnugg. But mom and my new daughter, god help me, are doing great! I've been out for a few years now, and I was only a helo guy (read not a bitchin' jet jock) so my stories might be a little more tame than what you're used to. But I do have some good Sheriff's helicopter stories.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I try to hit the Proud Bird at LAX when in town.....

pic3.jpg

I'm guessing ... Continental Airlines = "Proud Bird"??? They used to "own" LAX .... and used to be a GREAT airline when Robert F. Six ran it .... one of the top 2-3 that "we" wanted to get hired by ... of course, now I'm glad I didn't. :D