• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

San Diego Recommendations

mwardakpsi

Get money, get paid!!!
None
And thats not happening in all of San Diego?

I left my garage door open all afternoon in Clairemont. It was unattended for 90% of the day. NOTHING was stolen, and my neighbor came over and returned some of the crap he borrowed. Leave your garage door open in PB for just five minutes while you get something from inside, and you will wind up with a long laundry list of things that you don't own anymore. When you file a police report in PB for stolen property, they don't even come out to the scene anymore. They don't want to waste their time they say.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You're making PB sound like OB right now, or better yet, like Barrio Logan.

Like I said before, the guy is asking for opinions. I gave him mine based upon my personal and recent experience. You can't make an argument that PB is one of the safer and less crime prone neighborhoods in SD when there are so many other more gentrified neighborhoods to choose from. When you grow up and have a house full of nice things, you'll understand.

Brett

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...so many other more gentrified neighborhoods to choose from. When you grow up and have a house full of nice things, you'll understand.

Safe, gentrified neighborhoods with houses full of nice things...

You lied...you lived in Hillcrest, didn't you?

mastbump

I live vicariously through myself.
pilot
Does anybody have any experience in the Spring Valley area? I'm married and want a house...don't care much about a drive to work or a drive to party. Good and bad points would be appreciated.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Does anybody have any experience in the Spring Valley area? I'm married and want a house...don't care much about a drive to work or a drive to party. Good and bad points would be appreciated.

I would think you could find an affordable place somehwere better than spring valley, especially if you don't mind a commute.

Try Mira Mesa. Much less rural but still fairly affordable. What is it that pointed you toward Spring Valley?

mastbump

I live vicariously through myself.
pilot
I would think you could find an affordable place somehwere better than spring valley, especially if you don't mind a commute.

Try Mira Mesa. Much less rural but still fairly affordable. What is it that pointed you toward Spring Valley?

Yes, affordability is a big one...more house for you money it seems in the outskirts. But, I like rural though...I grew up on a farm. So not necessarily a bad thing. I will look in into Mira Mesa...thanks for your help!

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
If you like rural you might also look into Santee or El Cajon, or even Alpine (though I wouldn't want to make the drive from Alpine).

rookie7734

None
I lived in OB for the first year and then bought a home in University City. My wife and I were both LT's and we were there during the good times. We bought our home for $60K and sold it for $200K. I loved the Mission Bay area and PB.

My son spent his last two years at the University of San Diego living in PB (near the roller coaster) and loved it. After he got commisioned he lived there for another 6 months before heading to Pensacola. He never experienced the theft problems talked about...maybe because he had a garage to park his car. He enjoyed parties on the beach and sailing on Mission Bay..that is until San Diego outlawed booze on the beaches. Then it was somewhat of a hassle, but he made do.

My wife and I sure loved visiting him. He would take us to Charger games and Padre games utilizing the trolley, which was not there when we lived in San Diego previously. I personally loved the boardwalk...and the many restaurants and bars along the way. There were visits that we never left the beach area...I'm having San Diego withdrawl symptoms. What a great city.

rookie7734

None
Oh, I forgot to mention that my son's girlfriend had family (Navy Cdr.) who lived in Spring Valley. Very affordable, but out aways. I personally liked the Bonita area with all the eucalyptus trees.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
You might also look at La Mesa. It has a lot of the Social Security set, but it is quiet and since it is slightly further out, it is a bit cheaper. But it is not so far out in the boonies.

Does your wife work and if so, does she know where her job will be?

I see you are HSL. What squadron are you going to? (/HSL wife curiousity)