• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

S.E.R.E. if and when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
At what point in the training pipeline would a SNFO or SNA have to attend S.E.R.E. training?

Navy pilots generally go to SERE before or after the FRS.

I think Marines sometimes get the SERE requirement waived, but I'm not entirely sure about that. I'm sure someone else will clear that up for you.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
At what point in the training pipeline would a SNFO or SNA have to attend S.E.R.E. training?

When they give you orders that say go to SERE. :)

Nothing is written in stone and I went after the RAG after a week with my fleet squadron at Red Flag.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
"Do not worry about these seeeres...now get back in people's position and focus on the OCS american pigdog"
:D

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
When they give you orders that say go to SERE. :)

Nothing is written in stone and I went after the RAG after a week with my fleet squadron at Red Flag.

Exactly. When I went through, there were several SNFOs waiting to start Advanced. So much for easy life waiting in the pool.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Exactly. When I went through, there were several SNFOs waiting to start Advanced. So much for easy life waiting in the pool.

I always wondered if they sent guys still in the pipeline. I'm not going to volunteer to go to SERE, but I just sat on my ass for 3 months, so why not send me?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I always wondered if they sent guys still in the pipeline. I'm not going to volunteer to go to SERE, but I just sat on my ass for 3 months, so why not send me?

The biggest reason is probably because you might get broken. I don't know what the deal was at the time for the 'FOs (backed up pipeline or whatever), but someone thought it was a good idea.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
The biggest reason is probably because you might get broken. I don't know what the deal was at the time for the 'FOs (backed up pipeline or whatever), but someone thought it was a good idea.

I guess also because if a guy DORs or is attrites from aviation, their going to sere was a waste of money, and most of these kinds of decisions are based on $$ (sending guys to BOLTC before API etc).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I guess also because if a guy DORs or is attrited from aviation, their going to sere was a waste of money, and most of these kinds of decisions are based on $$ (sending guys to BOLTC before API etc).

That's probably a better reason than the one I gave.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I'm glad I went to SERE as a 1stLt - there was a Maj there. No SRO for me...

I'm sure It's even safer to be an ENS. :)

Another good reason to not do the grad-school after commissioning deal. I kinda feel bad for the guy in A-pool who is already a JG. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.