• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Russia Warns Poland of Attack if they accept U.S. Missile Defense

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Story here.

MOSCOW - A top Russian general said Friday that Poland's agreement to accept a U.S. missile interceptor base exposes the ex-communist nation to attack, possibly by nuclear weapons, the Interfax news agency reported.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Damn, give the Russians some oil and add vodka & they go f****g crazy

bluesig1

sure thing
None
They just keep pushing. I guess they are trying to see how much they can do before someone actually puts forth an effort at stopping them.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not sure what worries me more; if Putin has a master plan, or if he doesn't . . .

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Poor wording. Read it again. I think what they're saying there is that IF they base an ABM system there, if the US and Russians were to go to war and it went nuclear, Poland would be struck as there is a US system there. I don't think they're saying "Put that there and we'll attack."

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Do you guys think we're going to have another arm's race, or do you think cooler heads will prevail?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
^^^^Well, considering how our recent acquisitions programs have gone, I'd say an arms race might not be the best thing for us these days.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Poor wording. Read it again. I think what they're saying there is that IF they base an ABM system there, if the US and Russians were to go to war and it went nuclear, Poland would be struck as there is a US system there. I don't think they're saying "Put that there and we'll attack."

concur.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
With everything going on these days who knows what Russia means or is going to do. Blackfive had an article about SS-21s being moved into Georgia. If that isn't a thinly veiled threat against interference I don't know what is.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Who is Blackfive and where is the article accredited to? There is a LOT of bad information going back and forth in this conflict.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Who is Blackfive and where is the article accredited to? There is a LOT of bad information going back and forth in this conflict.
Former USA para and tanker ... E-man to O .... now out and doing his blog thing. He seems to occasionally be well connected. Take that for what it's worth .... :)

The links:

Press Briefing by Press Secretary Dana Perino and Senior Director for East Asian Affairs Dennis Wilder and Deputy National Security Advisor Ambassador Jim Jeffrey

Russians move 2 SS-21 Medium Range Ballistic Missile Launchers into South Ossetia

Zissou

Banned
BlackFive is G2G.

Froggy Ruminations is a good dude as well. Former Frogman turned big money maker.

Can't speak to the article in question but I know both personally. They wouldnt intentionally pass bad info, ever.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cool, just trying to keep it sane. I'll have to check this guy out, sounds like he has a following.