• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Running Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevew

Until now I was wearing Nike Shox X-trainers when I ran. They were quite comfortable, however after about 120 miles or so they began wearing away the skin in the arches of my feet. So I decided it was time for a new pair of sneakers. Someone recommended the New Balance 716's which I just tried tonight for the first time and I was not so impressed with them. They are more running than cross-training so they don't provide me any ankle support. Overall the comfort level was decent but my right shoe felt like it was on to loose even after I retied it. I ran about 1.25 miles of sprints in them without a problem, but after running 2 miles straight it was wearing away the skin in my pinky toe on my left foot. So now I am back to looking for a new pair of sneakers. The Nike's didn't last me to long but certainly did a good job and were pretty comfortable. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? sneakers that are comfortable and last. Thanks in advance.

bcw

I've been using the Nike shox running shoe. I am not near the 100 mile mark yet in them, but so far they are doing the job. I tried New Balance, Asics, and Addidas, but still favor my Shox. Yes, I am a shoe slut.

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
If you want to find good running shoes, I highly recommend going to a REAL running shoe store (not Foot Locker, Finish Line, Sport Shoe, Sports Authority, and the like). A real running shoe store will take the time to find the ideal pair of shoes for your stride and training needs. You should bring in your old running shoes so they can analyze how they wear down; they should also be knowledgable enough to ask you questions about how often you run and what kind of shoes you need. If the person selling your shoes doesn't look like or sound like a runner, then don't buy your shoes from that store. I'm sure your town has at least one harcore running shoe store; it is definitely worth it and your body will thank you.

(i personally have enjoyed going to Fleet Feet for my running needs) -
http://www.fleetfeet.com

jdm

You might checkout this link http://www.backpacker.com/gear/footwear/step1/0,5201,,00.html
It's for boots and trail running shoes but most of it applies to any athletic shoe.

If you're on a budget, I highly recommend eastbay.com(or maybe eastboy.com...whatever). You can pick up a nice pair of running shoes for 40-50 bucks. It's not that the shoes are bad, they just sell older styles. Unless you care about being in style while running, it's really good.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
stevew,

definitely go to a running shoe store. They'll have you walk with your shoes off to determine what kind of feet you have, if you underpronate, overpronate etc. A simple "wet foot" test does wonders too to see if you have a high arch, flat foot, or are normal. I had pains in the middle of my arch when I pulled my toes back after running before I went to OCS. It didn't bother me much, so i decided to suck it up. At OCS they determined i was flat footed, I got a pair of new balances, ta-da, no more pain.

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
The new Mizuno Wave Creations, the Brooks Dyad, and the older New Balance 1220's or 1221's... all awesome shoes. Also the Asics Gel Kayano is a big one right now. These are all excellent running shoes.

Bring the shoes you have been running in to a store that only sells running shoes. If you show them to the people who work there they should be able to recomend a good shoe for your feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.