• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

RUN TILL YOU BLEED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisAg05

I'm not so sure how good of a thing this is, but when I took my shoes off after my 5 mile run today, the front was soaked in blood. In fact, this is probably not a good thing at all except for the psychological benefits of knowing that even though my foot was bleeding, I kept going. Anyone know what might have caused this and how to prevent it?

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Damn hard charger, you shame us all. What kind of wound do you have? From your toes/nail pulled? Did you have a cut elsewhere? Popped blister perhaps (longshot...)? Maybe something inside your shoe cut your foot while you ran? Maybe the friction rubbed some skin raw until it bled? I have no idea, that's bizarre though. Just be glad you're not a hemophiliac.

ChrisAg05

From the looks of it, it got rubbed raw. It's the very front of the toe, so it could have been the toenail, but they dont look that long. Maybe thicker socks?

twidget

Deskaholic
Originally posted by ChrisAg05
From the looks of it, it got rubbed raw. It's the very front of the toe, so it could have been the toenail, but they dont look that long. Maybe thicker socks?

You might want to check the fit of your shoes. I had a problem like that for a while, especially playing b-ball. I could trim my toenails in the morning, then play ball and jam my nail causing it to bleed and eventually fall off. Turns out, my foot didn't stop growing when I thought it had. Take your time finding good shoes, you'll thank yourself later.

when I ran cross country and track people on my team would get blood blisters that would pop and bleed like that all the time. (I don't really think it could have been rubbed raw exactly... rubbing would lead to a blister first) You probably need new shoes. It's most likely either that or you cut a toenail funny and it was digging into your skin.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I've gotten blisters on my toes from the hem on my socks. If they hit your toes the right way, they'll rub across them while you run. Most running socks (Thorlos) are good to go.

JXLUCIO

I think some of the above posts are right on when they talk about the proper fit of your shoe. Many people have what is called "Morgan's Toe" in which the second toe is longer than the first. If so, perhaps going a half size up on your show and making sure that that toe is comfortable. Your feet will spread as you run, so a roomier shoe would likely be recommened; and then you can wear more padded socks, such as the thor-lo's. But first and foremost I would go to get a proper fott fitting from a profession running store and discuss your options.

stevew

It seems to me that one of things might be causing this. 1)your sneakers are worn out and it is time for a new pair 2)The sneakers you are wearing do not fit properly. I was running in my Nike's for about 6 months until they started wearing away the skin on the arches of my feet. I decided it was time for a new pair of sneakers. I went and bought New Balance 716's and they were more uncomfortable than my worn out Nike's. I couldn't even make it 2 miles in them without having to rip them off my feet. I returned the NB's and decided just to use duct tape where it was wearing away the skin on my foot. That worked for a little while until like you, my feet started to bleed in other places. So now it comes down to me either duct taping my entire foot or buying a new pair of sneakers that fit properly and are not worn out. I'll probably choose the latter.
propeller_125.gif

Just my $0.02

Dop03

SNA Wife
Hey Chris,

I bet your shoes are just too small and your toenails are most likely digging into the skin on your toes. I am also an Aggie, but class of '03. My husband is in API right now and he was also an Ag who was in the Corps. Best of luck with the foot situation. Are you BDCP?

-Nicole :)

ChrisAg05

I think BDCP is just a Navy thing. The Marines just have you go to 2 6-week sessions during the summers to get a commission. I'm not in the Corps of Cadets so I'm not exactly sure how things work with the other services. So you're class of '03? Does that mean youre out now, or are you doing that super-fun 5th year?

My foot's OK now. It might have just been the toenails.

Status
Not open for further replies.