• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ROTC better than OCS?

Yram Y.

I've heard I have a better chance of getting aviation if I receive a commission through ROTC instead of OCS, is this true?
Thanks.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I've heard I have a better chance of getting aviation if I receive a commission through ROTC instead of OCS, is this true?
Thanks.

Didn't we just talk to you on a previous thread about speaking to an officer recruiter and asking these sort of questions?

jtmedli

pilot
Thanks.

That may be true but going through OCS allows you to select 1310 prior to being committed to anything. If you go through ROTC then youre going to sign a commitment to Big Navy prior to being selected for aviation.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Thanks.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays of odd months your ROTC chances are 29.32% better than OCS on any given Monday unless that Monday is a federal holiday...then all deals are off.