• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ron Paul

flyerstud4

A snowball's chance in hell, unless people are fed up with the current parties. I feel like in the last election, there was just a lack of options and the win was by default. Basically we took the least weak candidate. How big does a following go, before hes got his own party. Look at Nader in the last election, he got 10% of the vote and his backing was alot less organized. I feel like Paul is already more well known then Nader. 10 percent could easily turn into 20 or 30 pecent. Giving him a viable chance. Think about it:icon_wink

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
A snowball's chance in hell, unless people are fed up with the current parties. I feel like in the last election, there was just a lack of options and the win was by default. Basically we took the least weak candidate. How big does a following go, before hes got his own party. Look at Nader in the last election, he got 10% of the vote and his backing was alot less organized. I feel like Paul is already more well known then Nader. 10 percent could easily turn into 20 or 30 pecent. Giving him a viable chance. Think about it:icon_wink
You realize that when he cuts military spending to 20% of what it is now, that means you will probably be let go, right?

Red Anjin

Pilot Monkey
pilot
I think Libertarian is a great way to run the government. In an ideal world it would look like government before WWI. Small, non-intrusive, hands off. God forbid I start a business without paying every government entity between the local city to the fed. Talk about repressing growth....

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I've looked at all of the candidates websites and got their campaign promises/self promotion propaganda.

Can anybody reccomend a good site for non-hyperbolic and reasonable comparision of the candidates? Perhaps a site without some irrational bias? In other words, not the New York Times, NRA, RNC, DNC,websites etc.

flyerstud4

Hey I am just playing Devil's advocate here. Just seeing what everyone is thinking. I would also like to see some unbiased info on each candidate. From what I know of him, I would like to see McCain win. Of all the candidates, his military experience is for greater and he knows what its like to fight in an unpopular war. I just dont think he is going to get the nomination from his party. Time will tell

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
I've looked at all of the candidates websites and got their campaign promises/self promotion propaganda.

Can anybody reccomend a good site for non-hyperbolic and reasonable comparision of the candidates? Perhaps a site without some irrational bias? In other words, not the New York Times, NRA, RNC, DNC,websites etc.

Got sent this. Thought it was relevant.

Find your candidate

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Hey I am just playing Devil's advocate here. Just seeing what everyone is thinking. I would also like to see some unbiased info on each candidate. From what I know of him, I would like to see McCain win. Of all the candidates, his military experience is for greater and he knows what its like to fight in an unpopular war. I just dont think he is going to get the nomination from his party. Time will tell

I think where McCain shot himself in the foot was teaming up with Teddy Kennedy on a boarder bill that many saw as being an amnesty plan for illegals.

Having your picture all over with rosie-nose Teddy K does not do much good for your appeal to conservatives.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor

Find your candidate
DAMN IT! HE JUST QUIT!

tancredo.jpg

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
I am puzzled by the extent of military support for a candidate who wants to slash defense spending by 80% and pull the military back to CONUS. That's not the military I joined. If I wanted to sit in CONUS and police the border I would have joined the border patrol.

Perhaps you'd better re-examine those reasons you joined the military. Supporting and defending the Constitution comes in many shapes and sizes. If the only one you're satisfied with is going to other countries then you're likely to be let down regardless of who the next Executive is.

Less concerned with a politician's policies toward the military than I am with their policies toward maintaining the freedoms the Constitution guarantees...and we defend. Nobody actually understands and has policies that conform with/embrace the Constitution OTHER than Ron Paul.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I think choosing a candidate just because of their views on the military is short sighted.

It's a total picture thing and sometimes what's best for you personally isn't best for the country. Something I think the majority of voters have forgotten.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Perhaps you'd better re-examine those reasons you joined the military. Supporting and defending the Constitution comes in many shapes and sizes. If the only one you're satisfied with is going to other countries then you're likely to be let down regardless of who the next Executive is.

Less concerned with a politician's policies toward the military than I am with their policies toward maintaining the freedoms the Constitution guarantees...and we defend. Nobody actually understands and has policies that conform with/embrace the Constitution OTHER than Ron Paul.

Well put. I only wish more people thought like that.

I think choosing a candidate just because of their views on the military is short sighted.

Great point. That's no different than any other single issue voter. Like the types who would vote for Satan just because he's pro-choice/pro-life/pro-union/pro-gun etc.

Character counts. In fact, with a president, it probably counts more than anything else.

HueyCobra8151

pilot

Find your candidate

What a good website, seemed pretty much non-partisan and is a good "logical" way to pick someone based on only the issues.

Even though it said I should vote for Fred Thompson, I am voting for Hillary - because hey, we had a Bush, then a Clinton, then a Bush, it's time for another Clinton.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Amen brother!

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor

I joined a service whose raison d'etre is expeditionary warfare. Yes, there's many different ways to support and defend the Constitution, but this is the one I chose, because in our current time, it's the one I judge to be most important.

I'm not a one issue voter, but I certainly do have my priorities. I only delve into his policy on the military because it's relevant to this community here. Ron Paul's foreign policy is so far out there that it far outweighs his domestic policies. I mean, this is a guy that proposed bringing back letters of marque and reprisal to combat the "air piracy" we faced on 9/11. I could accept him in a domestic cabinet slot, but his foreign policy is just.....out there, and it's one I deem to dangerous.

As for character, how can you really judge the character of a man from afar? I have a far better gauge on these candidates' policies than I have on their character.